Flash/flashlight not working

jmart1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Fourth 928 I have that has this issue. I keep sending the phone back to Verizon with my insurance and get a replacement. I have 8.1 dev preview on it, and it seems that after a few months, the flash wont work on photos or with a flashlight app. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Probably a hardware/software combination. If it is under warranty just have Nokia/MSFT send you a replacement rather than go through VZW if that is a viable option. I usually work directly with Nokia/MSFT and have gotten 5 replacement devices so far and they all work.

jmart1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just checked with Nokia. My device is not covered by warranty even though it's a few month old replacement from Verizon. I guess I'll have to keep sending Verizon replacements until my contract is up for renewal!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I just checked with Nokia. My device is not covered by warranty even though it's a few month old replacement from Verizon. I guess I'll have to keep sending Verizon replacements until my contract is up for renewal!

Bummer. I hope they send you a good working one:)

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I both have 928s. Her phone had the same problem. I had installed 8.1 on her phone and the problems started after that. I did a hard reset twice and restored her account and settings using the sync functionality. The problem persisted. I finally did a hard reset two weeks ago and installed everything from scratch. I haven't seen the problem rear its head again.

I did notice that her problems didn't start until after I installed WP 8.1 on her phone. I never experienced the problem on my 928 with 8.1, so I'm not sure if that is the reason. Since you have 8.1 installed, I'm guessing that may be a possibility.

You may be thinking that it is most likely not that since you have owned various 928s. Are you are installing 8.1 on your phone by restoring your settings and accounts using the sync functionality instead of from scratch? If so, try a hard reset and install everything from scratch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786