Why isn't my Touchscreen working?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Help! Touchscreen not working

Took my phone apart to switch cases last night and when I put it all back together it doesn't recognize any touch inputs. I thought I was very careful, didn't pry on anything just let the case splitting tool do its job. The phone powers up and the screen looks fine, but no touch or swipe is recognized. Could I have dislodged something? I'm hoping I didn't ruin the whole screen somehow, but it didn't seem like I did anything differently then the disassembly videos out there.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Its already opened, my question is just which connections? Is there something other then the screen connector on the side? Like is there a connector for the digitizer to the lcd or anything like that?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but does the screen need to be in the housing to make the touch screen work? I have it apart now and have reseated all the connectors, but still no touch response. I haven't put it back in the housing yet, because I didn't want to have to take it apart again, but does it make some kind of connection while it is in the housing that makes the touchscreen work?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not disassembled a phone. Sorry for the assumptions.

There should be a whole bunch of YouTube videos to show how-to, what goes where and other tips. I mistakenly believed you had already been following one. Try searching YT for Lumia 1520 screen repair.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I was, and have taken it apart several times and put it back together with no luck. The only thing I haven't tried is putting it back in the housing, and I guess I will try that tonight when I get home. If that doesn't work then I will order a screen.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I had seen that and that is what I thought was the display connector. I think the digitizer connector is down under the engine board and that seems to be ok. I even looked at the connectors and traces under a microscope and can't find anything. It looks like the only things in the housing are the headphone jack, flash, nfc, pma, and some other kind of antenna at the very top. So that probably won't change anything. It is looking more and more like I will have to buy a new display.

All this just because I wanted to change the color and look at adding wireless charging.

dsimages

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help! Touchscreen not working

I have taken apart many phones before. I have also come across situations like yours when putting them back together.
The raw wire in those ribbon cables that connect the components are super thin. If you think you were being careful, you weren't careful enough. If you pulled a connector the wrong way or even push them to the side just a bit, sometimes you can damage the raw wire inside the shield.
I'm not sawing that's what you did but it is highly possible.
My suggestion is to start from the beginning, trace your steps back and make sure all connects are good.
IMO, most phones are nit worth taking apart. Especially newer phones. Manufacturers have totally crammed electronics together to give consumers lighter/thinner devices. That's a good thing.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Well it isnt' working so I guess it needs a new screen. The thing was I didn't even touch any connectors the first time I took it apart, but I must have done something wrong. Anyone want to buy a 1520 with a bad sceen? Glass is pristine, as is the LCD, but won't recognize touches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon