Help with several 635 issues...

hap124

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So far the 635 is 80% great for me...especially given the price. The thing is three major issues (major for me at least) are making me lean toward taking it back. I'd love to find solutions.

1. The in call audio is far too loud for me even on 1/10 unless I am on a loud city street. People can hear the call through the back panel and if I put my ear to the back panel it's as clear as direct from the speaker. And the speaker phone is not turned on. It's just as bad if not more with headphones in call. I put a piece of tape over it as an experiment and while it works is muddies the sound a tad. Thinking of trying to fit something in the earpiece speaker as a solution but this doesn't help with headphones or leakage where others can hear.

2. The music audio is fine volume wise with a good range...but the sound quality is terrible. Older symbian phones played the same songs with much better sound quality and the 635 has no equalizer option that I can find.

3. Bluetooth headset won't connect. I had the same issue with a 520 and various headsets. If they connected at all they would drop a lot and this happened with more than one phone.

Ideas? I'd love to make it work as I like everything else about it. But for me these are deal breakers no matter how cheap the phone is as they are major daily uses. Thinking about moving to a Moto G but it's nearly 4x the price. There is no other WP I like with regards to size, shape and cost. If I can sort these things I would be fine with the 635.

Last edited:

Newcron

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't think these are particularly '635' problems, as I actually had to turn the volume up the first time I made a phone call, and I have been using bluetooth headset just fine as I primarily have been using the phone as a music player through spotify in the past week. I can't comment about #2 as I've been using a Bluetooth headset exclusively to listen to music.

So maybe it's your phone and/or your headset that's the problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett