M8 lags when returning to home.

TechFranz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I went from a 1520 to the M8. The great quality and crisp loud audio make it worth it. When I return to home it does jerk and sputter a bit till it gets all the tiles loaded. Anyone else notice this?

TechFranz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have no SD card installed. Would that speed things up? Should my apps be running from the SD? What kind is the best? Also the jitter shows up mainly on the People Tile which I have really wide. It gets better the less live tiles I have.

TechFranz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I think I am seeing some improvement after disabling HTC Motion Launch and Attentive Phone. ( Along time ago I had a Samsung Phone that was trying to do too much fancy stuff in the background and disabling the Motion Stuff helped)

Also, I seem to have gotten some improvement out of removing and reinstalling some apps. It seems like the big Live Tile Apps were an issue like Weather & MSN Money.

See the article excerpt below for a brief description of the stuttering behavior, when compared to the M8's Android Twin.

HTC One M8 for Windows review | The Verge

Though the M8 for Windows has the same processor and RAM as the Android model (it’s a 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, for those interested), it doesn’t perform as smoothly or as quickly as its Android counterpart. Everything feels a little slower on the Windows version for some reason, with animations that stutter and hesitate. It’s a bit out of character for the M8, which is a very fast and responsive Android phone, and for Windows Phone in general, which is usually snappy and responsive on even the most basic hardware. Perhaps HTC has some tuning to do to make Windows run better on the M8’s hardware.

TechFranz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I decided enough of the lagginess on the HTC M8 Windows Phone. In absence of a new Microsoft flagship phone, I am returning to the Lumia 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6