Twisting chassis

Marc Baldry

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their phones twisting ever so slightly? I only just noticed it, but my phone is slightly twisted from corner to corner (diagonally). The phone doesn't seem to be affected at all by it. Just curious to see if its just my phone or if everyone has it? BE AWARE if you find it on your phone, you will always notice it. Sometimes Ignorance is bliss, be sure you want to know before you go looking.....

Marc Baldry

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
No, I took the cover off and checked it by eye sight, and then I put it on a flat surface, screen facing down and it rocks slightly from diagonal corner to corner. Its not an issue, its a large screen that's relatively thin, expected really that there will be some flex otherwise the phone would be either a) aluminium and expensive, or b) really heavy and expensive.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Aluminum chassis will bend and stay that way, unless it has some triangular support bars, plastic would return to it's shape when bent. But displays are always mounted on an aluminum chassis, if it bends and the screen is big it will bend the whole phone, but it's fixable.

Marc Baldry

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not at all bothered by this. It has absolutely no affect on the phones operation whatsoever. I was simply curious to see if anyone else had experienced this phenomenon? I'm not a fan of the aluminium chassis etc, I think polycarbonate is the archetypal windows phone look and I love it! I'd take a slightly twisted phone with polycarbonate shell over an aluminium chassis on display anytime

Marc Baldry

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If anyone is still interested I have found the culprit of the twisted chassis. I kept the phone in my front jeans pocket which was very tight. I have since stopped that and fitted a 'pea pod' hard snap on case to encourage the phone to go back to its original shape and I keep it in my back pocket which is looser. Problem solved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans