Any M8 users on the Developers Preview?

Bowlegz

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I was just curious if any M8 users have uploaded any of the preview updates, and if so, how is it affecting your device? I'm thinking of trying it out, but want some feedback before I take the plunge.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been wondering the same since there's little function added I decided to hold off for now considering the Samsung issues recently.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
No problems here either. The added on screen live battery tile and data toggle is a plus if that's an interest to you.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The update that came in on my M8 provides nearly as much features as the PfD does so there's really no need to install it until W10 or Update 2.

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I was just curious if any M8 users have uploaded any of the preview updates, and if so, how is it affecting your device? I'm thinking of trying it out, but want some feedback before I take the plunge.
I have been thinking about it as well.
Curious as to what we would gain vs. what we would lose..?

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded just to see if it would fix the heating issues I was having. Haven't had any other issues to speak of since the DP upgrade.
It didn't fix my heating issue, I solved that after.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been thinking about it as well.
Curious as to what we would gain vs. what we would lose..?
I did it awhile back and my M8 is working as smooth as ever. I also had some concerns but they proved to be nothing. The updates are nice and running the latest has certainly done nothing to harm my M8. I'm actually kind of enjoying the live battery tile actually being accurate for once. Kinda cool. Also the latest update has enabled the data toggle feature that can be placed in the notification pull down for easy access. Not a feature I'd use a lot, but some others might like to have quick access to it.
All in all, I'm glad I tried it. My M8 runs as fast and cool as it always has, no issues at all. Battery life is still excellent.

Last edited:

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it runs smoothly, but what happens when (if) HTC sends out a patch? They are aware of the reboot error and if a patch goes out, I think the DP will not see it. If I am wrong, please correct me.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
No problems here. Just got myself a the M8, was waiting for a good flagship Lumia, couldn't wait any longer and got myself the M18.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it runs smoothly, but what happens when (if) HTC sends out a patch? They are aware of the reboot error and if a patch goes out, I think the DP will not see it. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I would think that if you just sign out of the PD app, check for HTC updates and install any that show and then sign back into PD app would work fine,

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I would think that if you just sign out of the PD app, check for HTC updates and install any that show and then sign back into PD app would work fine,
Interesting thought, but I'm not sure that would be true. If you uncheck the developer's update, it is still the DP. Will the Settings, Check for Updates work since it is based on HTC 8.1?
I doubt that HTC CS is going to tell you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss