Can I Rename My Device?

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Having recently activated my 1520, having upgraded from the Ativ S Neo, I did a restore from the device backup I have on Onedrive, and I just discovered in the about menu that my phone's name is actually Ativ S Neo. It seems to have named it after the backup. How can I straighten that out? I can't find any options to change it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you use the windows phone app on desktop you can rename it. My Lumia is pikachu lmao.

I think if you hookup to your computer and go to the my computer settings you can rename it there....i think.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sure you can. Just connect it to your Windows 8 PC, let the Windows Phone app open, swipe in from the right, go into settings, and you should find an option to rename. I'm pretty sure that will work. If you are using a Windows 7 PC, I'm not quite sure what you'll need to do.

Edit: You'll have to click on Preferences once you are in Settings.

Last edited:

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can.
If you connect your phone to your computer, open up Windows Explorer. Right click on the Phone and press rename. I had the same problem. My 1020 was displaying as 920 because of the backup I had done. Hope this helps!
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea