Denim updates for Lumia 1520?

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Miner detail....
For the main part its the carier who desides when (or if) it comes to your phone.

You can always up to the preview ;)
But i believe its save to say its not going to happen in this year.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Miner detail....
For the main part its the carier who desides when (or if) it comes to your phone.

You can always up to the preview ;)
But i believe its save to say its not going to happen in this year.

You know that the Prview for Developers only includes OS updates, not firmware updates, like Denim. So that won't get you Denim sooner. It would rather get you Denim even later, but I guess we have to see.

Also, you are right about the carriers. But i've been wondering, what about the unlocked (country variant) phones? I hope I get it as one of the firsts on my L930, like I did with al GDR udpates on y HTC 8x :p.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I for one think this discussion is pointless.
What more extra's do you expect from denim?
Ms is going to give al wp the same experience so there is not much extra's.
I for one enjoying the preview it gives me a lot of extra's not only the folders but the neet little data toggle as wel.
It has nothing to do with denim but it gets as close as it gets.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I for one think this discussion is pointless.
What more extra's do you expect from denim?
Ms is going to give al wp the same experience so there is not much extra's.
I for one enjoying the preview it gives me a lot of extra's not only the folders but the neet little data toggle as wel.
It has nothing to do with denim but it gets as close as it gets.

Probably the camera improvements and hey Cortana which are not coming to all windows phones.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just logged in to Navifirm+ and found out that this 1520 model got a new FW which seems to me to be Denim.

Can anyone confirm if this is Denim or just an old Cyan firmware?

Thanks!Navifirm.png

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
If you don't know what the additions are of Denim got haven't being paying a lot of attention lately. It brings new features for certain devices, like the 930 and 1520. It contains features like 4K video recording and HDR photography. So MS isn't going to give WP the same experience, because Nokia always gave it something extra with their Lumia firmware updates, and now Microsoft does the same because they now own Lumia.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
that's not the sin.

the sin is repeatedly asking the same question, disregarding any answers, only to ask again.
Multiple people asking the same question is understandable, none wanted to bother touching the search button.

but one person asking it repeatedly is not. perhaps if you didn't get answers, but you have the best we got.

The answer has not changed since the last time you posted. and since the last time before that, and so on. asking more will not change the situation.
Wait. Be patient. Wait for news, because you won't miss it.

Besides, its not even a major upgrade like 8.1 was.

Having the "Hey Cortana" feature is pretty major IMO. I can finally be completely hands free while driving in my car. No more having to fiddle with the phone to send a text. I know, I can "call" Cortana from my phonebook, but that is not what I call a great Cortana experience. I can't wait to just be driving and go, "Hey Cortana, text so and so". Much faster and easier. The 4K recording is going to be nice as well. So glad I have a 1520! :cool:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Having the "Hey Cortana" feature is pretty major IMO. I can finally be completely hands free while driving in my car. No more having to fiddle with the phone to send a text. I know, I can "call" Cortana from my phonebook, but that is not what I call a great Cortana experience. I can't wait to just be driving and go, "Hey Cortana, text so and so". Much faster and easier. The 4K recording is going to be nice as well. So glad I have a 1520! :cool:

I know, I know, but Hey Cortana isn't as earth shaking as Cortana was IMO.

But hey, i still dont think it warrants spamming the forums repeatedly over

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just logged in to Navifirm+ and found out that this 1520 model got a new FW which seems to me to be Denim.

Can anyone confirm if this is Denim or just an old Cyan firmware?

Thanks!View attachment 90621

This is old Cyan firmware. Also, this thread, same as many other Denim release date related threads is pointless. The update will come when it comes. Repeatedly asking the same question will not make it come any sooner.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we.......

Luckily when my kids were growing up we lived on a small island that was only a few miles long so managed to miss this phase of growing up, probably why my dad never had a car when I was a kiddie :wink:

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
This is not a denim update this is cyan internal update which fixes some bugs & internal improvement... i have updated it few days before...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! I spotted a Lumia 1520 with the Denim update!

...it's a little different than what many of us expected. But at least it has a pocket to hold stuff. Score!

nokia_lumia_1520_Denim.jpg

miguelsantos

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
it's amazing how slow Microsoft is in releasing the updates... even to the phones country related (free of carriers ).
I have grown so frustrated with this pace and let's not even talk about apps and more advance features.
I have Android, iOS and Windows phone devices and i keep seeing daily the lacks and the slow pace that WP sufers.
In less than 3 months i saw many updates on iOS 8.1.2 and just got lollipop on my htc one. My Lumia 1520 still screams for updates on the firmware. Graphic optimizations and regular firmware corrections. 99% of the apps dont take advantage of the 1520 screen real estate. Great part appear blurry and have performance issues. iphone 6 plus has none of those. mostly all apps look great.
I have grown damn tired. I want to love WP but i keep loosing my faith... like Tom Warren and others.

p.s: even the msn apps on iOS and Android look better and are smoother than the sames ones on wp 8.1

Im about to pull the trigger on WP :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo