Dot view case set up

moserftbl88

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
So I got my free xbox dot view case today. I'm hating trouble using Cortana and making a quick call. It is adding like it isn't reading my gestures does anyone know how to fix this problem? Also is there a way to change the picture that shows up on the lock screen with the case closed?

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't think we can customize any thing as of yet. I know what you mean about activating Cortana, the lock screen has to be off and a long swipe from the top is required to activate her. I find it a little fickle, but it does work.

crash0330

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine today too, and having the same problem with Cortana.
Hopefully HTC will release some updates to let us play with the Dot view case a little.

crash0330

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
So I got my free xbox dot view case today. I'm hating trouble using Cortana and making a quick call. It is adding like it isn't reading my gestures does anyone know how to fix this problem? Also is there a way to change the picture that shows up on the lock screen with the case closed?
BTW you have to have "double tap to unlock" enabled in order to use the slide to use Cortana with the Dot Case.

elknimrod

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Same here, got my free case yesterday. It seems Cortana can't hear anything when activated with a swipe on the case. Then when you open the cover she continues to be deaf. It's as though the swipe turns off her ears. I couldn't;t get her ears to work again until I restarted the phone.
Big glitch. But this is a T-Mo phone, I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved.

Ed

crash0330

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't have quite the same issue, Cortana does hear me. The issue I have tho is she looses her ability to talk back to me.
I ask her about the weather, then it makes the little "thinking about it" sounds and then nothing, I open the case tho and it shows the weather, so I know she hears me but doesn't talk with the dot case on.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok, just a few in order here...

1) Yes, you can change the background image for your dot view by selecting "theme" in the dot view setup settings...

2) You can only activate Cortana when the screen is OFF... She won't come up if the screen is on...

3) This was a bit embarrassing when it happened to me, but the "Cortana not responding" thing was something silly for me. First make sure you ask her a normal thing that she would respond to... "Cortana, tell me a joke." is a great one to try out. If she doesn't respond, open the device, turn up the media volume and try again... Worked wonders for me - and stop laughing at me now...

Anyone have any other questions?

vinscuzzy

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't like how the cover is flat, but the back is round. Its always trying to shut, and makes it really hard to use one handed. Hopefully after time it'll loosen a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel