How hard is it to swap screens on a pair of 920's? Or can I send it out and have it done?

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
how hard is it to swap screens on a pair of 920's? Or can I send it out and have it done?

I have a brand new 920 with a shattered screen and I have a very used one with a pristine screen. I plan on giving it to my mother in law and didn't want to give her the one that had issues

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: how hard is it to swap screens on a pair of 920's? Or can I send it out and have it done?

It shouldn't be hard if you got tools. On YouTube you can find video of how its done.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: how hard is it to swap screens on a pair of 920's? Or can I send it out and have it done?

It is easy! ATT gave my GF a new 920 but it was yellow. They let her keep the Cyan 920 for some reason. She wanted the Cyan body and asked if we can swap them. I work from home and while I was half paying attention I gave her my tool sleeve, told her to be VERY careful and told her to find a YouTube video with a complete tear down.

The hardest part was removing and then reinstalling the ribbon from the LCD to the board.

Viracocha

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I agree with the others. Watch the complete tear-down video on youtube. Having the video on a tablet next to me (rewinding occasionally) I successfully replaced one. Be careful with the Volume/Power/Camera ribbon. I accidentally tore it during the process which disabled the volume button and had to replace it. Other than that, the hardest part for me was detaching the LCD from the broken digitizer/glass. I was trying to use a hair dryer and it was maddening to the point I stuck it in the oven. But, I'm crazy like that. Don't be like me, if you have access to a heat gun, I think it would make that part much easier.

Viracocha

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Doh! I need to read properly. If you're replacing screens/digitizers that are already attached to LCDs than it's MUCH MUCH easier. You might even be able to just leave the power ribbons attached.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo