General laggy-ness and Lumia Camera

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Lately, my unlocked, carrier logo free Nokia Lumia 1020, that I received as a device replacement from a Microsoft retail store, is exhibiting general laggyness in most operations, even of the native apps, including Messaging, Internet Explorer and even scrolling through the settings menu.

Anybody else having similar issues? It's probably now as laggy as my old Galaxy S3 became, after getting bogged down with AT&T update bloatware and Touchwiz.

Also, I used to love to use the Nokia Camera app, but Microsoft's titled Lumia Camera update is a stuttery mess. Button operations sometimes don't respond, and yesterday, video recording stopped working, until I uninstalled the app, and re-installed again.

I can't even imagine how this device is going to work with Windows 10, will probably bring it to its knees.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been experimenting that problem with my Lumia 920 but my hypothesis that hasn't been tested is that a lot of background apps are running. In addition, I am in Preview for Developers so I think the lack of firmware update is the main culprit.

Regardsless I am looking forward to Windows 10.

volpenger

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 1020 has not lag, even last version of lumia camera startup is pretty fast now (ready in 2-3s). The only issue for me is battery saver mode not working correctly...
sent from my drone upon your head

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas