1020 clear gel case issues - possible solutions? (apart from getting a matte black one)

bseuivafom

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
It's not a major dealbreaker in any way otherwise I wouldn't have had the case on the 1020 for this long ha but with a clear case, what obviously happens is that the flash light is diffused *in* the case so that it covers the top part of the lens in light and results in 'fog' around flash images.

I really like my current cheapo frosted clear case - unlike a similar case I have for the 930, the gel case buttons are really well engineered so that it's pretty much indistinguishable from pressing the real buttons in terms of feel, and the fit is very accurate. And obviously it conveys the yellowness nicely.

I was wondering if there was a really nice gel case which was maybe black just on the hump or something like that.

revanthpallagani

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Have a look at Poetic Atmosphere case. It may not be the 'gel' kind of case you are looking for but its transparent and adds extra protection to the camera. The hump is open though. Also the case doesn't wrap over the edges to protect from flat face drops, you need to be wary of this.
I've had it for around 8 months and it is one tough cookie. I tried using the phone without a case but always kept coming back to it, it just gives that extra sense of protection.
I think Daniel Rubino reviewed it, looks great on a yellow 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel