Getting a 1320

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago - pretty happy with it so far. Thought it might be a bit to large, but I got used to the size quickly. My 920 seems small now to me.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Bit of sad news.. Went to the store ave they had one unit left.. And it was defective.. Told me come back tmr... Was pretty bummed about that..oh well finger crossed that I get it tmr.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't.
If you value your social life in the real world than don't do it......
Return it before its too late.
There is no going back.

Don't say i didn't warn you ;)

Last edited:

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
How do you like the phone?

I absolutely luv it yo... Just got one minor annoyance...lack of backlit keys..but it minor.. I had a scare with it earlier today though..

While setting up and installing apps to my SD card, the phone kept freezing.. Had to do multiple restarts etc.. At one time the phone got so blazing hot it shut off and wouldn't turn back on for about 15mins. I got a little worried cause it seemed to be getting hotter. So I removed the sim card and SD card and place it in front a fan..😐 After the 15mins the phone began to cool.. It cooled completely down in about 10secs. .. I used a laptop to scan and repair errors on SD card.. Then tried again and it booted normally without issue..My battery was nearly depleted after that incident. I re-inserted both sim and SD card.. Plugged in the charger and I monitored the temperature for a few minutes..when all seemed well, I resumed setting up. I noticed that a number of apps wouldn't install to the SD. And I'm not referring to apps that are not allowed to. These were apps that can. So I opted to install apps on internal storage and store media on SD card.

Thinking back I think I have an idea of what happened. The SD card had errors and the phone was stuck in some sort of process trying to write to the SD. Even after turning the phone off, whatever rogue process was still taxing the CPU. Hence the increasing temperature. I guess when the phone was able to kill the rogue process it finally cooled down. The culprit seems to be my SD card. I realized that this device is sensitive with SD cards.

Other than that.all is well..this phone is huge..my Samsung ATIV S feels so tiny now...lol. It's zippy..smooth, screen is good. Not the best but not bad either. The battery is the killer feature here.. It's a beast. Build quality is nicer than I thought. It's a well built device. Easy to hold and comfortable. I got the white model...so its great to look at it too..lol. Updated to Cyan and I'm all set up and running.. I don't think I can go back to a smaller screen device..lol.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
And the fun begins ;)

So not going to the developers preview?

The life folders in that preview are great .....may be later :)

III get around to the Dev preview soon... Keeping it official for now since I only just got it.. Need to properly break it in first... Learn about its quirks before I drop dev preview on it..

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Stefan:

Just a question or two...
How is the size of the phone? I'm a back pocket of the jeans guy, any discomfort in putting the phone in a pocket?
Also do you have large, med, or small hands?? I am med size, which is to say I can't palm a basketball, or small fingers on a med palm.

I am also coming from a Nokia 1020 and want the bigger screen as my old eyes are failing me. If I now bump up the text size for sms and whatsapp the message bubbles look weird on the smaller screen. How does texting look with all that screen?????

Also I am glad you like your new phone !!!!! I hope it serves you well over the coming years !!!

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the phone most of the time in my front pocket ( normal jeans ). Backpocket has already cost me a phone hahaha
The only discomfort is wen driving a car, its a kind of a nutbuster then ;)
For the messaging application its a great size. My eyesight is also not that great any more, thats the main reason why i chose a 6 incher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers