lumia 1520 not smooth running games etc.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks. First let me say that it's my first time posting here.
I have a nokia lumia 1520 rm 937. Just after I bought this, I upgraded to wp 8.1 cyan. After I installed asphalt 8 airborne, I felt that there is a small unsmoothness and some loss of frame while playing. But the problem isn't so huge and it is still playable. There is also a little little lag while surfing web opening pages and in other games like sonic. When I watched some video on youtube the gameplay of asphalt 8 airborne on lumia 1520, I noticed that the graphics are a bit different. For example i dont have breaks icons both sides of screen in game and also cant find where to adjust graphics quality.
In fact there are strange lags in any game and im sure that it's not normal. Please help me solve this problem. Best regards 😊

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
First go into Battery Saver, swipe right to "Usage" and address all the apps and games that are "allowed" to run in the background.

Also, it makes a difference with some games whether or not they're installed on the SD card or the phone regarding performance.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes it gets hot but I dont know if it is normal or not...
I did "allow" asphalt but made no difference. I have no memory card installed.

Cannot say for sure why your phone is acting this way. Should be a very smooth experience overall. Internet explorer has issues, so some hiccups are to be expected.

Not much to do except:
- reinstall games
- try keeping your device cool while playing (heat issue?)
- factory reset / flashing (last resorts)

Horrible advice I know, but it is not as if there are diagnostic tools available for us to use on WP:eck:

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps may not be optimized for your phone.. too bad GTA San Andreas is not free. Has quite a bit flexibility in the settings.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
But I checked asphalt gameplay on youtube and it was much smoother than my phone. I also used some benchmark apps to identify any hardware damage if exists. Everything shows normal... Jusr strange 😢

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Asphalt 8 works smoothly on my Lumia 1520... But it used to lag when I had it in the SD card....in fact many apps started to hang when placed in the SD card...as you mentioned that you don't have a SD card! Like Yazen said
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?
And disabling the background apps which you don't use....
the heating issue is normal to some extent...
You can try a soft reset before doing a hard reset!
Hard reset erases all the data so please "BACKUP" first and no it won't cancel the warranty....it just refreshes your phone back to how you switched it on the first time!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah diagnostic tools can never be relied on. What about hard reset? Will it cancel the warranty? Or is it a useful solution? Will it hurt the phone?

A hard reset will not void, or cancel the warranty. It will NOT hurt the phone... and it may actually help. Especially if you received updates recently. Of course back up first, as you will need to restore/reinstall all your apps and settings etc.

Asphalt 8 runs smooth as silk on my 1520 as well, so maybe a hard reset IS a viable solution if nothing else has helped.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes it gets hot but I dont know if it is normal or not...
I did "allow" asphalt but made no difference. I have no memory card installed.

Oh, and back on Battery Saver again, I didn't mean allow Asphalt for it to run better. What I meant was to look at all the OTHER apps that are "allowed" to run in the background, robbing performance from your game. Know what I mean?

Chances are, there are tons of apps running in the background that you don't need running. Turn all those off that you don't need running to free up resources.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi again. Unfortunately the problem still exists. I am so sad and taking my phone to Nokia care as the lasr solution. I wish the problem is not caused by a physical damage before I buy the phone, cuz im sure that it wasnt damaged by me till today. Thanks for your help. 😊

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi again. Unfortunately the problem still exists. I am so sad and taking my phone to Nokia care as the lasr solution. I wish the problem is not caused by a physical damage before I buy the phone, cuz im sure that it wasnt damaged by me till today. Thanks for your help. ��

Have you tried the hard reset?

Oh and thanks for the "thanks" btw ;)

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If all else has failed I'm afraid it is a hardware issue.

What comes to mind is thermal throttling, as you aren't experiencing any weird symptoms.

If a bad battery were the case you would have some funky problems.

Try placing your phone directly near a blowing fan or a freezer rack. Allow the back to get cool, then try playing games.

If the game is smooth you definitely need it serviced, but I think an exchange would be best.

If I actually had the phone I could tell you what is wrong, hope you get this fixed.

EDIT: You need the phone to keep contract with cold source while playing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb