Such a great upgrade from the 920

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I cracked the screen on my Lumia 920 last week....it was a great run. Very solid phone.

I decided to get a RM-937 international unlocked yellow and run it on AT&T so I have 32GB internal and Qi. H/H+ is plenty fast for my purposes (I don't stream or tether with it).

I must say, after getting used to the much larger size (which was easier then I thought), the 1520 is a really awesome phone! The screen is so sharp, and the speed to load applications and take pictures is way faster. Cortana runs very quickly and smoothly as well--on the 920 the circle thing would hang and I'd have to tap the screen a few times to get it moving again.

It has the 800 series processor so it should support the new stuff coming out (right?) which still makes it viable even when the next generation phones come out.

I've switched from putting my 920 in my front pocket to putting the 1520 in my coat breast pocket. Not sure how to carry it yet in the summer, but I'll deal with that then. :)

I highly recommend for any 920 users that need to upgrade now for whatever reason!

-m

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar story, destroyed the screen on my trusty 920 and replaced it with a 1520. I needed to get the gimped AT&T version as I couldn't wait for the delivery of a .3 version. With a 128GB SD card the memory isn't an issue, but I really do miss the Qi charging! At least the 1520 has such great battery life that I'm not constantly needing to top off at every opportunity.

I was worried that the size of the phone would be an issue but so far I've adjusted to it and it's hard to imagine going back to something like the 920.

Excited for Denim and Win 10 and what that'll bring to this phone!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Great review. Do you think its a worthy upgrade for LUmia 925 users?

That is exactly the upgrade I made. T-Mo branded 925 > 1520...

But I got the RM-938, Latin America Factory Unlocked variant which gets LTE on T-Mo or AT&T towers. Later this month I'm leaving T-Mo for Straight Talk with an AT&T compatible SIM and I expect my 1520.3 to switch right on over with no issues.

​LOVE the 1520. It is... Immense in more than just size. Great phone.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ahh the RM-938 works in the US on LTE? Hmm.. all well, next time. I seriously don't notice a speed difference on H/H+.. and possibly that's because the CPU is so fast on the 1520.

The blue feather case looks awesome (in a 2012 sort of way) .. :)

How do I protect the camera lens? Can I put a screen protector on it and not diminish the picture quality? I am still carrying it around with the sticker on it from the original packaging. (it's really sticky)

Thanks for any suggestions.....

-m

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to reply to my own question..... I folded up a couple of scraps of paper and tucked it between the Incipio and the phone to the left and the right of the camera lens. It raises the case just a few millimeters and very well clears the lens. You don't see the paper at all and the case still looks fine..... Totally a hack, but we'll see how it goes......

-m

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6