Why can't I copy text from websites in browsers (IE, Maxthon) on Lumia 735?

Michael Beijer

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I can't copy text from websites in browsers (IE, Maxthon) on Lumia 735

I just got a Nokia Lumia 735, and just tried to copy a postcode from a website in like 3 different browsers (IE, Maxthon and Opera), but couldn't.

On an iPhone it's easy: you can just copy text from anywhere in the browser. Anyone figure this out yet?

Michael

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Tap on a word (preferably where you want to start copying from but not necessarily). The text will be highlighted and then you pull the little circles at the bottom of the end points. When you stop a copy icon will appear. Tap that and you're good to go.

Michael Beijer

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: I can't copy text from websites in browsers (IE, Maxthon) on Lumia 735

Thanks Sammy,

That worked! Well, not on the exact website I wanted it to, but I noticed that that is because it's a bad website and the text was an image. Elsewhere, tapping works. It seems I was pressing and holding down.

Michael

Mick Lee

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: I can't copy text from websites in browsers (IE, Maxthon) on Lumia 735

Thanks Sammy,

That worked! Well, not on the exact website I wanted it to, but I noticed that that is because it's a bad website and the text was an image. Elsewhere, tapping works. It seems I was pressing and holding down.

Michael
I have a Lumia 640 and I can't copy and paste on Facebook any ideas anyone? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6