Creaky back cover

Audigy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that the back cover on my 535 is a bit creaky on the right side every time I pick it up or press the back/panel. The phone is absolutely brand new, and I only removed the back cover twice to insert my SIMs and memory card in, so theres no visible wear on the side holder pins/teeth.

If the numbers inside the cover are correct, I think mine was made around 23 November 2014 and is the matte black one.

Do any of you notice any creaks in your 535's back cover?

That way I can know if it's just a design failure or just my unit that has this problem. Thanks for the feedback!

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
The screen is big, the back cover is thin. Therefore, there bound to have some flex/creak at the mid section of the sides. Mine too. If it's a 3.5 inch phone, I am sure it won't.

Audigy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The screen is big, the back cover is thin. Therefore, there bound to have some flex/creak at the mid section of the sides. Mine too. If it's a 3.5 inch phone, I am sure it won't.

Thanks for your feedback! You are right, the cover is way too thin, one way or another the plastic is going to expand due to heat(in mundane tasks like charging or playing a game) and become warped and/or lose its original shape.

Just one more millimeter would made the difference between creaky noises and a snuggle fit. Well I can only conclude that it's just a design failure, nowadays a thin device is a priority over everyday resistance to handling.

DingosStable

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
My back cover is also creaky, i feel it every time when i press ab bit on the right down side. I have put a piece of paper under the battery cover, and now its almost fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs