VZW Apps updated

jeffreymclean

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Noticed today that the VZW apps(Navigator, Tones, My Verizon Mobile) were update today. Hopefully a good sign, since this is the excuse that VZW gave about not being able to upgrade the phones to cyan.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Interesting but the update dates in the Windows Phone store show it's been quite a while since this junk was updated and I didn't get a notification from the store about updates.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
That is a good sign. I don't have Verizon, or a Verizon device (I have Cyan on my Lumia 820/AT&T), but I've been wanting to switch to Verizon (for coverage reasons). If I see the Verizon phones get updated by the end of the year, I'll switch.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I find it interesting that you have Navigator and Tones on your phone. I thought those were basically bloatware and useless apps. You know you can remove those right??

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Noticed today that the VZW apps(Navigator, Tones, My Verizon Mobile) were update today. Hopefully a good sign, since this is the excuse that VZW gave about not being able to upgrade the phones to cyan.

Where did you hear that Verizon is holding the Cyan update because of its apps? It's only speculation that that was the case.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Where did you hear that Verizon is holding the Cyan update because of its apps? It's only speculation that that was the case.
We have known this to be the reason for a month now

"Nokia confirmed with me that the reason Verizon is holding up the Cyan firmware update for the Lumia Icon is because Verizon is demanding that their phone apps (VZ Navigator, My Verizon, Voicemail, etc.) work "perfectly" on the device before they will approve the Cyan firmware update. They sent the Cyan firmware update back to Microsoft for "development changes" to ensure this happens."

the delay to put out the update because of the apps is not surprising because VZ does it on droids all the time also but the difference this time is the extreme length of the delay and the apparent low priority VZ has for the WP platform

Last edited:

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
weird when I open the store up I can't find any Verizon apps. when I search and just type in Verizon nothing comes up? I also don't have the "Verizon collection" showing up on the store anymore....anybody else?

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I had noticed the other day that My Verizon had updated. (My Verizon being the only one of their app suite that I had a use for). I also choose to view this as a positive.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My bad. Somebody was starting a rumor on another thread that Verizon was trying to make it so you couldn't uninstall its apps.

I checked my update history and I haven't gotten the My Verizon update... That is the only Verizon app I used as well.

jeffreymclean

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Based on the comments I looked at the dates of the apps, and they were from last Sept. I had to do a hard reset several days ago due to the last preview update. Not sure why the apps then updated a day and half after. So the bottom line is that they haven't been updated recently. Sorry for any confusion

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The My Verizon App is their only usfull app.
I don't pay for ring tones cause I make them myself.
There are plenty of apps to do this for you as well, for free. Why would I pay Verizon for what I think (when I checked it out)
a bunch of useless and stupidly slapped together ring tones that can be made for free.
The VZ Navigator has always been garbage and I have better Nav Apps that I use (Here Drive is very decent, preloaded and free)
VZ Acceories = useless
Visual VoiceMail = pointless imo ,, while the app is free, the service is not.
Backup Assistant Plus = Pointless, my Contacts are already backed up and available on every single Windows device and PC I own. All Apps and settings are backed up to One Drive.

The VZW Apps are garbage and pointless, except for one, the My Verizon App. And even it has issues from time to time
and I can live without it.

As for the person that stated they got Denim on their VZW phone, or eluded to it. No, you didn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea