Low-End Lumia 3rd Gen Dont Suite Music Lover

physcodelic

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Ok, this is my major complain about Nokia/Microsoft Policy (really disgusting policy) on Low-End Lumia 520 and maybe all Low-End Lumia x30, DISABLED EQUALIZER!

I have Lumia 620 for music, and Lumia 520 for Games and others. I love Lumia like anyone here.
I want to change my Lumia 620, for next gen Lumia x30.
Buy Lumia 530, lower quality than 520 and no equalizer...SOLD
Buy Lumia 630,,,lower quality too, still no equalizer...SOLD
Last hope, try it before I buy Lumia 730, it has it,,,yeeeeeyyy. But its expensive, and I dont need those selfie cam :unhappysweat:

Lumia 535, was my last choice. Only four x30 that available in my country (Indonesia). Can you guys confirm that it has equalizer?
I dont need pure view, front camera or giant resolution display. I need equalizer from budget Lumia.
Or should I upgrade to Lumia 730 just for my music need? Ridiculous right?

On PC World, Microsoft limiting OS feature for prices, even if you have very expensive PC's hardware that actually can do everything. Yup its work and acceptable. Because most feature limitation was fair. And I cant afford Apple device nor I cant work with Linux.

On Smartphone World, Microsoft OS feature limitation really doesn't work. MS choose their hardware, and limit it's feature via software, then sold it highly priced because of hardware choice,,,fair? Even if they still nothing in phone market till now. Simply, I can switch to other OS smartphone for 80$, that have mostly Lumia 730 OS features, include equalizer :straight:

Audigy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it's not a limitation imposed by software. I see the equalizer disabled on my 1320 too(which you can enable if you connect a heaset) but not on my 535(always on). That exclusivity can be related to a newer DSP(hardware) on more recent SoCs.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
535 has an equaliser, can confirm!
My only gripe, and it's only because I'm lazy, is that I cannot directly access it from xbox music.
Its via the audio option in settings but I can toggle between the two easily enough.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Its not that equalizer is disabled, its more that the equalizer never was enabled.

the feature is a relatively small thingamajigger, and an EQ would probably cost some money to enable.

sorry to hear, but its probably just a cost saving measure.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre