Push notification is not working? reall?

TheLazyist

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
know this, I don't care about health apps, map apps, stupid *** mobile game, tiles or widget to go on my start screen.. you know what really bothers me? a smartphone not working they it should work! all I need in my life is a notification for it to godamn tell me if any one of my family is messeging me in viber or in whatsapp or in facebook messenger?! but even that it's not working!?!! come on!! I just bought this phone for around 2 months now!! this is even my first SMARTPHONE!

Totally wasted my money I could have just bought a graphics card and don't even bother getting a phone.. but this is what I get for trusting Windows Phone... I should have known.. 2 weeks now im trying to fix this damn phone and not a single website could help me! tried everything from restarting my phone to reformating to deleting the app and re installing it! goddamn!! really pissed me off!! now im thinking to go back to the caveman days for 8 years I had no phone -_- where my stupid *** computer was the best place to contact me -_- at least it ******* worked

I'm sorry just I just have to let off some steam I'm not really a rich guy who could just keep on buying stuff..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nothing against your rant. We've all had those days. Trust me.

Would you mind tell us which phone you have and what you have tried so far? Maybe we can help you a bit better.

Also what network you may be on and how good the signal is in your area? Work or home. These are all factors.

TheLazyist

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a nokia lumia 925, I tried rebooting my phone, deleting the app and rebooting the phone and install it again, I also checked my setting everything things seems to be in order, I even turn on and off my location and find my phone on and off just in case, then my last ressort I reset it to factory and nothing seems to work..

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a nokia lumia 925, I tried rebooting my phone, deleting the app and rebooting the phone and install it again, I also checked my setting everything things seems to be in order, I even turn on and off my location and find my phone on and off just in case, then my last ressort I reset it to factory and nothing seems to work..

I had the same issue.... Just open data sense go to settings untick restrict data when roaming.. If it is unticked tick it and untick again click ok restart your phone done

Bong Tze Yong

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I think I just found the solution, I posted the same question before you and a friend suggested to enabling Whatsapp app to run in background (Battery Saver section), the notifications did come through. Try it and see.

TheLazyist

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I removed my sim card and my notifications from viber and whatsapp starts pouring in. but when I put my sim card back in the notification stops. now im thinking it's in data sense? but my data sense is off, makes me wonder maybe it's in my carriers sim card problem? what you think?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So if you are on wifi (no sim card) you get the notifications.
If you place The SIM card the notification stop.
I presume you have cellular/mobile data. What do you see in the SIM setting. Are you on the network of your provider or on another providers network (so roaming). Roaming means that you pay a premium if you use mobile data.
What happens when you switch off mobile data in the SIM setting.

Last edited:

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I removed my sim card and my notifications from viber and whatsapp starts pouring in. but when I put my sim card back in the notification stops. now im thinking it's in data sense? but my data sense is off, makes me wonder maybe it's in my carriers sim card problem? what you think?

Yeah the same issue I had my data sense was off too... In data sense click the the dots at the bottom there will be another setting restrict data while roaming if it is ticked it will restrict data usage even if the data sense is turned off...

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear. Restricting data while roaming is a good thing because it will prevent additional costs.

But it creates problems for apps... Their functionality is crippled.. Facebook won't show all the images.. Messenger won't display your photos.. Impossible to link account using fb.. Some apps keys won't be visible.. Etc etc... And all this happened to me.. And important of all NONE OF THE NOTIFICATION SHOWED UP

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Indeed but it is not due to your smartphone but due to your provider . The coverage is bad.

Nope coverage is good.. It's a software bug.. When you soft reset notifications come.. When you connect to WiFi and switch back to data connection notifications won't work.. I guess recently fb messenger fixed bug regarding data sense you can check the changelog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon