Thank You! Wonderful People. I made my decision. I will give the 1520 a try. But Need your Help

addy37

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
However wouldn't want to invest so much at this point given 1525 is in speculations. I Need your Help. A person in my country, India is selling a 1 year old USED Malaysian Purchased Nokia 1520 for a good price. He claims there are no issues with the phone what so ever. But I wanted to make sure with you all if it is a good deal to go or are there any issues with a Malaysian purchased Nokia Lumia's ( No offense but this used to happen when we bought BlackBerry's back in the day as we were advised to buy a BB from a particular country of origin). Also could you tell me what all stuff I need to check before buying a used Lumia phone. A personal Thank you to everyone here for your support and responses, It helps a lot! Cheers.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would not expect any 1525 or whatever anytime soon so don't sweat it,
Anyone can make up anything.

1 year old isn't bad, my one-year old 920 is in good shape still.
No known issues that I have heard with any regional phone. Only those with the model as a whole. (I haven't heard of that buy-BB-elsewhere thing, so I dont think its the case now)

Check the following:
IMEI, or ESN (may not be as big of a thing over there, but make sure its not blacklisted/stolen)
Physical condition (obvious)
All features you can check (how the display looks, proximity sensor (try out features like Glance, Double-tap-to-wake), features of the camera, battery if you can, but if not, and its bad, it can be replaced.)
Its less of a issue, but make sure its unlocked (probably is)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are 4 variations of 1520. Nokia Lumia 1520 - Full phone specifications

Can you get the RM #?

It would be RM-9xx > between 937 and 940.

The RM-939 lacks an LTE radio. That might not be a deal breaker for you, but should lower the price. It was made for the China and Asian markets and may be what was purchased in Malaysia. Any of the 4 should serve you well in India for 2G up to 3G/H+ data speeds... The only 4G/LTE I can find in India is Aircel on 2300 MHz and none of the 4 have that frequency on the 4G radio.

So any would be good for 3G, none are good for LTE unless a carrier there rolls out a new frequency other than Band 40 @ 2300.

RM-940... that is the special case indeed. Made for AT&T carrier in the US, the RM-940 has only 16GB internal storage compared to 32GB for all other 1520 models. There are some (rare) RM-940s with 32GB, but very few. ALL RM-940 units have had Qi wireless charging striped out and need a special case to charge wirelessly on the PowerMat style chargers (a competitor of Qi). An RM-940 would work perfectly fine for you (same as other models), but 1/2 storage and no Qi would be a price drop IMHO. You can spot a RM-940 as it has 3 metal contacts on the back... No other 1520 has that.

Good Luck and here's hoping you get a deal on a great phone.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Ask for the IMEI and then check Nokia's website.

Also, the 1520 is still great. The SD 800 is most definitely still competent enough to run.

addy37

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Everyone. Taking your advise, I bought a new 1520 from Amazon India. It will delivered to me tomorrow. Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb