Qi charging and the Lumia 920

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I was thinking of getting Dad a Qi charger for CHRISTmas for his Lumia 920. I was just wondering if the 920 has Qi charging built in? From what I've read it would appear that it does, but I'm still a bit confused.

Thanks in advance,
Stu 😊

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I have a 920, I bought the cheap $6 ebay qi chargers for work and home...wife has 1020 and no qi built in, so glad I have it, I love it :)

DMCarver

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I actually use a Samsung Qi charger and it works like a charm on my 929. Just lay it on there and it starts charging... Even through my case. My point being that any Qi charger brand should work.

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
As everyone else has said, yes it works! What I love about it (and won't ever get another phone without it now, I'm spoiled haha) is that I have the charging plate near my monitor where I game.

When gaming, I just pick it up really quick, send a text or reply, set it back down, and done. Really hope Microsoft stays with Qi charging!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
hey I have a question for ya maybe you guys can answer, this is my first L920 device and first Qi charger so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, and from all the vids I've seen it behaves a certain way, which is when you place the L920 on the charger is it not supposed to show on the battery notification on the L920 that its charging? cuzz on my L920 it doesn't show anything is happening, but on the Qi charger it shows that it is charging with the light... every vid I have seen the L920 shows it is charging... also when I leave it over nite on the Qi charger the battery doesn't discharge and stays 100% but it's like the phone doesn't even know it is charging lol

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hey I have a question for ya maybe you guys can answer, this is my first L920 device and first Qi charger so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, and from all the vids I've seen it behaves a certain way, which is when you place the L920 on the charger is it not supposed to show on the battery notification on the L920 that its charging? cuzz on my L920 it doesn't show anything is happening, but on the Qi charger it shows that it is charging with the light... every vid I have seen the L920 shows it is charging... also when I leave it over nite on the Qi charger the battery doesn't discharge and stays 100% but it's like the phone doesn't even know it is charging lol

cant speak about that phone's activity specifically, but basically my 920 acts the same whether its charging wired or wirelessly.
the pad lights up and is sometimes on/sometimes off when the phone is fully charged.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
ok thanks, so the little lightning bolt DOES shows up on the battery icon on the L920 when charging wirelessly? so maybe either the Qi pad is defective or the wireless is defective on the L920...

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You don't say what kind of charging pad you're using. I use both the Nokia DT-200 and those cheap Chinese pads. In either case, when the 920 is placed on the pad, the plug icon flashes alternatively on the battery icon of the 920, exactly the same as when the micro-USB plug is inserted to charge the old-school way.

If you are using a cheap Chinese pad, try replacing the plug transformer with one that is >1.0A.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure which charger I have, I got it with my L920 when I bought it, it came with... but I would have to assume that it's a cheap Chinese one. So maybe that has something to do with why it's not working right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos