Nokia Lumia 735 with free wireless kit - misleading advertising

Raymond Scott

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone notice last month the Microsoftstore website in the UK at least advertising the Lumia 735 with the free wireless kit (speaker and charging plate)? While shopping around for the best deal I noted it, and it was up for the whole of the week I was looking, and I thought it a better deal than the ?149 at CPW or the similar deal at Three (but with the colour limited to black).

As I thought it was an error on the site, I engaged with a sales rep via an online chat. He assured me three times that it was not an error and that I would get a free wireless kit with the purchase of the phone and details on how to get the kit would be included in the box. So I placed the order. It was delivered very fast (less than 24 hours). There was nothing in the box about the kit, so I checked online and in the 24 hours since I placed the order Microsoft changed their advert on the site to remove the reference to the wireless kit.

Since then I've had nothing from Microsoft - the Store said they could not help and I needed to take it up direct with Windows Phone Support. Not surprisingly, Windows Phone Support said it was not something they could help with and directed me to Windows Store Support. They have ignored all my emails, and have done nothing to sort out the problem. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem. I've been surprised by their lack of interest in customer service and how poorly this has been handled. Take this as a word of warning with dealing direct with Microsoft. If you are interested in buying one of their products, it may be better to go to a more experienced retailer, or look for an alternative product altogether.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I've just recently taken delivery of a Lumia 735 that I bought from the MS UK store. I did quite a bit of shopping around like you did, but I went with the MS store because they had ?20 off at the time, making it only ?10 more for what is a sim-free phone compared to a network locked model from CPW.

I have to say, though, that I never noticed any promotions on their website for the free wireless kit at any point. They were pushing that offer hard for the 830 and 930, but the only offer I saw for the 735 was the ?20 off. They did make mention that wireless charging was included (because it is with the shell), but nothing more than that.

Raymond Scott

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
That was one of odd things about their advertising the promotion - they weren't consistent and this caused me to think they may have made a mistake on the site. Some listings had it, others didn't. It didn't help that there are so many different ways of getting to information about the phone. It is quite a confusing web site.

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been hopping in/out of the MS WP website quite often over the last few weeks.

There are/have been free bundle (charging kit) offers for 830 & 930 on the MS site advertised on the home page, but the only one I know of for the 735 is if you buy the phone from O2.

Even so, whether you're buying the 930/830/735 the free kit has to be claimed through the MS website - it isn't included with the phone, or sent out automatically.

There's a limited time to claim it as well, so if you want it, don't miss out....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte