Welcome to denim?

Kieran Coghlan

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
4k and "Hey Cortana" is a denim feature, you are possibly running Cyan not Denim.
Check the other thread I linked to. It's very likely an early Denim build. Double-tap to wake is there and operational.
If he left the company recently then it would be cyan.
What makes you say that? Software companies are always working on several versions of their code in parallel. While version 3 is in pre-release testing, version 4 might be in beta, and version 5 in alpha.

Kieran Coghlan

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
It has to be because I cannot download Cyan specific apps (Lumia Camera)...what is going on here?

Exactly which camera app are you trying to download? I can find "lumia camera classic" but from the description it sounds like it would be a downgrade from the Lumia Camera supposedly included with Denim.

Are there any other apps I could download that are only compatible with Denim? This might be a good test.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just received the same "Welcome to Lumia Denim" message. When I clicked on it it took me to the website with a link saying "Get Windows 8.1 now" (yes, not Phone):

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ile%2Fdenim-software-update%2F&token=6-_H3wzw

Then I selected the Lumia Icon in the model list and of course it was just a bunch of info about the phone, and nothing else and nothing about Denim.

Guess this is an alert they are mistakenly sending out to everyone whether they have Denim (or even if Denim is available) or not. I know for a fact that my phone does not have Denim.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
But it's essentially the same problem. The extras+info built in app is, indiscriminately and errantly, doing & displaying certain things. And for us deprived Verizon users, it's akin to torture.

That's all.
Here's what it seems to be. The OS version itself is triggering that alert.
Here's my Denim experience on my 625. I flashed it to the 02 Germany variant and I received the update notfifcation to 8.1.1. Only that I didn't get the firmware. extras + info updated and bam, it shows Denim.
My theory is that as non-pureview phones get no enhancements, its the OS version that enables the extras+info to show denim for all devices.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Alright folks this is what it is.

When you press the firmware name in the extras + info it's actually just a URL link to a page discussing the latest firmware, before the Denim announcement it would of shown the Cyan firmware but since Denim has been announced, they're going to talk about Denim. So if they ever have a new firmware after Denim announced, that page will be updated again with that firmware name on it.

It's as simple as that, if you didn't receive an update recently it's because you're not running on denim. Yes they still show that silly bug about Denim being installed to a lot of people but unless you're not running on Developer Preview and can make folders then you're not running Denim, simple as that.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Alright folks this is what it is.

When you press the firmware name in the extras + info it's actually just a URL link to a page discussing the latest firmware, before the Denim announcement it would of shown the Cyan firmware but since Denim has been announced, they're going to talk about Denim. So if they ever have a new firmware after Denim announced, that page will be updated again with that firmware name on it.

It's as simple as that, if you didn't receive an update recently it's because you're not running on denim. Yes they still show that silly bug about Denim being installed to a lot of people but unless you're not running on Developer Preview and can make folders then you're not running Denim, simple as that.
That silly "bug" isn't a bug. Its working fine.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
That silly "bug" isn't a bug. Its working fine.

Except it is a bug.... depending on the device no one should of gotten the word Denim on their phone. Until two weeks ago when they started rolling out in Asia Europe and Africa. People had the word denim on them for MONTHS. And I'm not talking about the 830 either. So yes it is a bug.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Except it is a bug.... depending on the device no one should of gotten the word Denim on their phone. Until two weeks ago when they started rolling out in Asia Europe and Africa. People had the word denim on them for MONTHS. And I'm not talking about the 830 either. So yes it is a bug.

No you don't get it. Extras + info reads the OS version to display which Lumia version you're on because Denim does not come with firmware for some devices. So if you have 8.1.1 and you're in the normal update channel (by turning off DP) it assumes you have Denim. It really is working fine, it's not a glitch.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
No you don't get it. Extras + info reads the OS version to display which Lumia version you're on because Denim does not come with firmware for some devices. So if you have 8.1.1 and you're in the normal update channel (by turning off DP) it assumes you have Denim. It really is working fine, it's not a glitch.

I would like to see the source of this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss