Lumia 930 Denim Thread

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

Hi,

Can anyone point to a simple tutorial to flash my Lumia 930 to get Denim? I saw the one on xda but am confused with the post by the non-English speaker (he's trying to help but I find it difficult)

I have Lumia 930 Carrier: CV GBIE that is currently on T-Mobile USA. I am not sure if it will ever receive black given the 930 is not a US phone. Can someone point out what's the best way to get Denim?

Thanks.

This is the tutorial you need; its very easy to follow. I have flashed my phones multiple times with this method:

[Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Nokia Windows Pho… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Just make sure you use one of these product codes instead:

059W0X5: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BLACK
059W0X7: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_GRE
059W0X8: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_ORA
059W0X6: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV WHITE

Once its flashed, hard reset like the guide says, then check for updates and you will get denim :)

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Aha, okay. Good to know about that btw. But after all, long pressing the shutter button activates Moment Capture after all, which is intended to let you pick out a single frame and is not for longer recordings ;)

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Aha, okay. Good to know about that btw. But after all, long pressing the shutter button activates Moment Capture after all, which is intended to let you pick out a single frame and is not for longer recordings ;)

I don't get that option. All it does is record an MP4 video at 24fps that's the same resolution as the 30fps video I record in video mode. That's why it makes no sense to me. The option I chose for long press isn't "moment capture" it's "video". And it doesn't let me choose the "best photo". As I said, it records a video at a lower frame rate but identical resolution.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

It's a bit irritating that my friend's carrier specific 620 got Denim yesterday, but my sim free 930 is still on Cyan. I thought getting a sim free, top of the lien phone would mean i'd get the updates quick since i don't have to wait for carrier certification and all...

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

Its annoying to see other devices than 930 getting Denim. Waited far too long for a such a small update. Sim Free / CV phones should be first but sadly not in Nokia/Microsoft way of updates

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I have CV PL 930 and still no Denim. I'm annoyed as I can think that the 930 owners would be good "advertizers" for the Lumia phones so MS should be focused on getting these people updated asap so they can show off the cool camera to their iPhone friends. But no.... 520s are updated first....

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

People always feel left out when they don't get the latest shiny update as the first people... Don't worry, it's coming. If they would roll out everything at once you would be complaining about servers being down, updates taking forever to download or in the worst case a phonebreaking bug would hit all your phones instead of just the first wave.

If you feel left out, just flash a ROM that is getting it right now.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

People always feel left out when they don't get the latest shiny update as the first people... Don't worry, it's coming. If they would roll out everything at once you would be complaining about servers being down, updates taking forever to download or in the worst case a phonebreaking bug would hit all your phones instead of just the first wave.

If you feel left out, just flash a ROM that is getting it right now.

I even don't mind waiting a bit longer. I've already flashed to another rom for Denim (and rolled back) but I found the Lumia Camera app a bit buggy with some actions. Also it didn't solve my Bluetooth problem, but maybe that's a hardware defect though...

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

This is the tutorial you need; its very easy to follow. I have flashed my phones multiple times with this method:

[Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Nokia Windows Pho?€? | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Just make sure you use one of these product codes instead:

059W0X5: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BLACK
059W0X7: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_GRE
059W0X8: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_ORA
059W0X6: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV WHITE

Once its flashed, hard reset like the guide says, then check for updates and you will get denim :)

Hey that went really well!!! Started with the HK Country Variant (Hong Kong Green) and flashed with no problems to the Green Variant you gave here.

Updates (Denim) are downloading now!!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Do me a favor and check to see if it pairs with a Bluetooth keyboard if you have one. I heard denim adds Bluetooth keyboard and mouse profiles.

makov

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

my fone model is 059W1L3: RM-1045 VAR IMEA 3M CV BLACK
does that mean i can install Denim update? would you people tell me how do i install fone battery drain alot!
need help

jandevries12

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

On my 930 ##3282# does not work under Denim. Don't know if it worked before, though; never tried...
(Netherlands, T-Mobile)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss