Lumia 930 Denim Thread

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So... I also have a 930. I have heard people talk about flashing their windows phones before. I am a pro at that on Android, but havent tried on WP since early WP7 jailbreak days.

I read someone say you can flash any countries firmware as long as its the correct phone.. is that true? If so, where are people getting the firmware to flash?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

Hey that went really well!!! Started with the HK Country Variant (Hong Kong Green) and flashed with no problems to the Green Variant you gave here.

Updates (Denim) are downloading now!!

Yeah its easy as! Just keep that page bookmarked. Ha

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Aha, okay. Good to know about that btw. But after all, long pressing the shutter button activates Moment Capture after all, which is intended to let you pick out a single frame and is not for longer recordings ;)

Ok I found "moment capture". You CAN DO it with either the 24fps 4K video recorded using long camera press, OR with a 30fps 4K video recorded in video mode. All I can think is they just forgot to change the default to 24fps in camera mode as the phone is MORE Than capable. Gets bloody hot though! Haha

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Ok I found "moment capture". You CAN DO it with either the 24fps 4K video recorded using long camera press, OR with a 30fps 4K video recorded in video mode. All I can think is they just forgot to change the default to 24fps in camera mode as the phone is MORE Than capable. Gets bloody hot though! Haha
They made it really confusing though, because indeed you can pick a single frame from a 30fps 4k video trough the Moments app. But holding the camera button down ik camera mode is actually called Moment Capture rather than the option to pick out the frame. But still weird holding down the button (hence Moment Capture) is only in 24fps because indeed the device is capable of 30fps 4k.
Therefore I think you meant that "they just forgot to change the default to 30FPS in camera mode as the phone is MORE Than capable."
Still no update here though!

Ittipol Thirasat

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Can someone who got Lumia Denim update tell me what your device Manufacturer Name (from extras+info).
My Lumia 930 (Thailand) is RM-1045_1025. (but it still Lumia Cyan)

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

They made it really confusing though, because indeed you can pick a single frame from a 30fps 4k video trough the Moments app. But holding the camera button down ik camera mode is actually called Moment Capture rather than the option to pick out the frame. But still weird holding down the button (hence Moment Capture) is only in 24fps because indeed the device is capable of 30fps 4k.
Therefore I think you meant that "they just forgot to change the default to 30FPS in camera mode as the phone is MORE Than capable."
Still no update here though!

Well, its exactly the same. Holding the camera button down is NOT moment capture, let me be clear. The setting I chose for long press is called "video". Moment capture is something you can do with 4k videos recorded from the 930 in camera mode, or video mode (they both record mp4 videos). You then open the video after its recorded and select "moment capture". It's a separate thing. I just don't bother using long press anymore. I just go to video and record there. 1.4gb for a 3 minute video. Whoop! Haha

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

And hell yes; just noticed you can finally refocus WHILE filming video. Been waiting for that!

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm considering flashing my Orange Romania 930 to one of the Scandinavian ROMs in order to get Denim.

I have a couple of questions to 930 users who already did this:

1.Were you able to keep your 4G or LTE speeds after flashing?

2. Does internet sharing still work for you?

3. Any problems regarding Bluetooth connectivity? Any improvements?

4. I heard some people had issues with cellular connectivity being lost for a couple of seconds. Did you experience any issues in this regard?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm considering flashing my Orange Romania 930 to one of the Scandinavian ROMs in order to get Denim.

I have a couple of questions to 930 users who already did this:

1.Were you able to keep your 4G or LTE speeds after flashing?

2. Does internet sharing still work for you?

3. Any problems regarding Bluetooth connectivity? Any improvements?

4. I heard some people had issues with cellular connectivity being lost for a couple of seconds. Did you experience any issues in this regard?

1. Yes. No change running a speed test here (Im in Australia)
2. Havent tested. Phone is charging so ill get back to you.
3. None.
4. Right after flashing, yes. It took a while to get connectivity. But now its fine. I think that just happens after flashing. Its done that every time I flash (I've flashed my 1020 three times before, and my 930 twice).

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

1. Yes. No change running a speed test here (Im in Australia)
2. Havent tested. Phone is charging so ill get back to you.
3. None.
4. Right after flashing, yes. It took a while to get connectivity. But now its fine. I think that just happens after flashing. Its done that every time I flash (I've flashed my 1020 three times before, and my 930 twice).

Thanks for your reply!

Please get back to me regarding internet sharing.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

The difference is HUGE. New Lumia Camera with Denim take much better and crisp pictures than never.

Both on automatic:

Lumia Camera (Denim)

wp_20141226_19_28_30_usrr7.jpg

Lumia Camera Classic ("Cyan")

wp_20141226_19_28_50_ydpi8.jpg

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I flashed my 930 from CV PL to CV DK and now have Demin. The camera difference is very noticeable (speed and sharpness). Also, it seems the battery holds up slightly better but what is most important: the pinkish hue is gone!

I hated the pinkish colour when the screen was on low brightness. This is now completely gone and the screen is even better than before. Other than that the OS is very fluid, I've not experienced the stuttering some reported (I did have that on Cyan+DP).

There is a very simple tutorial for flashing: [Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

I flashed 059W0X5. Do a fresh backup and get ready to be busy for about 2 hours afterwards as everything is re-downloaded and there are also many updates (like Cyan to Denim). Also do not forget to copy your /picture/, /music/, etc. folders as this data will be erased also.

I also did a backup in Whatsapp and was surprised to see all my chats return after I re-installed Whatsapp. That was nice.

Good luck, Denim+DP rocks. I'm now very very happy with the 930. Now MS needs to get this status "out of the box" and out to the electronic markets and reviewers so that people can see for themselves!

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm still having "resuming" screen that I don't have before install Preview for Developer. I'm with Denim now after put a new ROM.

There's no lag or stuttering (none of Windows Phone have it), but there's a resuming screen and I really don't like it. It's not painful, but I'm thinking in a hard reset to solve it.

You guys can confirm that Denim don't have these "resuming..." screens?

Also my capacitive buttons are always on even if it in battery saver mode, which is very bad for use at night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers