Lumia 930 Denim Thread

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone know what drives the Denim update in a region? Why is it released for most of Europe, but not Asia? I am in North America with an HK variant 930 - no update. What would be the reason for that - Nokia? Microsoft? HK carriers?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Mr. V

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
veep - I too have an hK variant. I just flashed it yesterday - it was quite easy. The longest part was downloading the ROM. The flash process was pretty easy.

Just a few minutes ago, I got an OTA Denim update - "additional language support" whatever that is. If you want Denim, there really isn't a reason not to go on and do it.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
When I look up the table for Denim availability in Ireland it only shows Vodafone for a 930. It doesn't list O2 or CV. I'm on O2, does that mean that Denim wont be released for the 930 by my carrier?

gomezzz_ds

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

hi,
I'm confused somewhat about my 930.
I've bought my device from a Slovak online shop. I'm a Slovak, seated in Slovakia. but the device itself is from Italy (default language was Italian, on the lock screen was a picture of the Wind carrier, some Italian apps pre-installed), no big deal! at least at the beginning... there was no information on the sellers page about this, I assumed I'm buying a device officially distributed in Slovakia.
BUT, when I checked the Denim update availability page for the 930 in Italy, there is no Lumia 930 for the Wind carrier listed there...

what does it mean? will I get the Denim update when it's available in Italy for the Country variant? or will I get it when it's available here in Slovakia? will I even receive the update in first place? (when the Lumia 930 + Wind is not even on the list)

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok so this is the rom I have on my 930 (059W383: RM-1045 VAR EURO IE O2 BR_ORA SL). Its sys SL so looks like it is sim locked:

1. Is it being sim locked a problem?
2. If I was to select a rom to get Denim (Cortana etc), what rom would match my rom as closely as possible
3. Where do I download the rom from? Nokia Care Suite?

Any help appreciated.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

hi,
I'm confused somewhat about my 930.
I've bought my device from a Slovak online shop. I'm a Slovak, seated in Slovakia. but the device itself is from Italy (default language was Italian, on the lock screen was a picture of the Wind carrier, some Italian apps pre-installed), no big deal! at least at the beginning... there was no information on the sellers page about this, I assumed I'm buying a device officially distributed in Slovakia.
BUT, when I checked the Denim update availability page for the 930 in Italy, there is no Lumia 930 for the Wind carrier listed there...

what does it mean? will I get the Denim update when it's available in Italy for the Country variant? or will I get it when it's available here in Slovakia? will I even receive the update in first place? (when the Lumia 930 + Wind is not even on the list)

Just reflash it via SLOVAK CV product code - you will get denim when it will be released in slovakia.
Or flash it via Finland product code - you will get finland?s denim

Or leave its as it is and check product code of yours for wich coutry and operator is it.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok so this is the rom I have on my 930 (059W383: RM-1045 VAR EURO IE O2 BR_ORA SL). Its sys SL so looks like it is sim locked:

1. Is it being sim locked a problem?
2. If I was to select a rom to get Denim (Cortana etc), what rom would match my rom as closely as possible
3. Where do I download the rom from? Nokia Care Suite?

Any help appreciated.

There is a denim thread a little lower in this forum that has pretty explicit instructions on how to flash. I followed that, and it was pretty easy to do.

Might ask this question again in that thread, as some of the experienced flash folks might see it there.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok s I successfully flashed the Finland rom and have Denim up and running unbranded. But I notice I am getting some screen flicker that I wasn't getting before. Anyone any idea what might be causing this?

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same in the beginning, it goes away after a while. I had it mostly in opening apps, the screen would briefly flicker as if it was repainted from top to bottom.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah its exactly like that.

I am having the same thing, but it doesn't go away. It happens from time to time. I am glad in some way that I'm not the only one having this, it means it's not my phone, it's the fw that has something wrong.
It's really hard to reproduce, you can do it sometimes, when looking at photos. Just open some photos, swipe fast from one to another, then stop. It may happen that the screen will blink once. God knows what they did, I am worrying that the video driver has some issues.
It does this refresh, like you have on Windows Desktop, when Nvidia si crashing and all the screen refreshes itself then the tray icon says "NVidia driver stopped working". This is the best analogy I can think of.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same thing, but it doesn't go away. It happens from time to time. I am glad in some way that I'm not the only one having this, it means it's not my phone, it's the fw that has something wrong.
It's really hard to reproduce, you can do it sometimes, when looking at photos. Just open some photos, swipe fast from one to another, then stop. It may happen that the screen will blink once. God knows what they did, I am worrying that the video driver has some issues.
It does this refresh, like you have on Windows Desktop, when Nvidia si crashing and all the screen refreshes itself then the tray icon says "NVidia driver stopped working". This is the best analogy I can think of.

Yeah that's what I'm getting too. Its not bothering me too much yet. But its crazy that they cant seem to get such things right.
I wonder if its anything to do with using a rom from a a different region. I'm using Finland rom in Ireland. Where are you using it?
Also read stuff saying it happens when the phone swirltches to 2G.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that's what I'm getting too. Its not bothering me too much yet. But its crazy that they cant seem to get such things right.
I wonder if its anything to do with using a rom from a a different region. I'm using Finland rom in Ireland. Where are you using it?
Also read stuff saying it happens when the phone swirltches to 2G.

I don't think it matters that we are using the Nordic ROM. For me at the about button it says "Carrier: DK-IS" and I've flash the Nordic ROM for Nokia Black.
Maybe the phones are different depending by the region, but I doubt that.
Also, the switch to 2G is something else, that is a radio build issue. It cannot be fixed, my phone was sent to service because of this, and they can't do anything about it. It seems that all phones that were built for Germany or from Germany have this issue.
This was supposed to be (and it is in some way) a great phone, but they screwed so badly at the build part. It gets hot (low right corner) when using some apps, like uploading video or watching youtube, it has this radio issue when switching to Edge (2G), some phone experience purple tint or grey colour instead of white.
Mine also has this weird effect on white text with black background, when swiping laterally, it just seems the text gets pixelated. I keep my phone with white background using black text, this way it is not visible only blurry.
The specs are amazing, the camera is fantastic, the audio speaker is great (even though the internal one for headphones sucks - in comparison to HTC 8X which rocks).

vjkostas

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I just received an email from Microsoft saying that the Lumia Denim update is available for the whole range of Lumia phones...!!!

At the phone update still nothing but i imagine that the update is really close now!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)