Lumia 930 Denim Thread

Zarnywoop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Woo hoo!! Reminds me of Futurama episode:

Bender: Ah-ah-ah! What do we say when someone gives you something?
[The boy turns to Elzar.]

Sam: 'Bout time!

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Like the camera and the phone does seem a bit quicker in general.

The best bit is a firmware update has fixed my second mic issues :)

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Updated to Denim UK C.V.
The camera is much improved, auto focus seems slightly laggy, needs to be more responsive.

Overall fixes I've noticed :
> Multitasking start card bug.
> Fixes screen colour issues on wake.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Up and running with denim on my 930 now. Camera is much quicker to start, like the extra features.

But, screen rotation is a slow as a slow thing on slow day winning a slow race.

Nukey Pearce

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I've just taken delivery of a new unlocked SIM free Lumia 930 (CV GBIE) from Amazon, and did all of the updates. It's currently on Cyan and says that there are no updates available :(

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Clearly the screen rotation is broken after denim, it doesn't rotate when it should most of the times. If I'm watching a video in landscape it often rotates the screen on its own without interaction for example. So annoying

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is outstanding! Also, I've noticed that it does not get as hot as before. Oh, and when I first got my 930, the sound was a lot quieter that my old 920. That seems to has been resolved too.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Im in UK on EE and got the denim update on Friday night. Haven't had much time to play around with the camera but the few shots i have taken i noticed the screen rotation hangs then it will rotate. annoying really

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I flashed the new firmware rather than doing an OTA update and don't have the rotation problem. If you have the time, try doing a factory reset which wipes all your data - during setup the phone will download all your apps and settings and set up your homeecreen, so no hassle, just a couple of hours while it does its stuff. Maybe that will sort it out.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I flashed the new firmware rather than doing an OTA update and don't have the rotation problem. If you have the time, try doing a factory reset which wipes all your data - during setup the phone will download all your apps and settings and set up your homeecreen, so no hassle, just a couple of hours while it does its stuff. Maybe that will sort it out.

Is this still true after prolonged Camera usage?
Mine is fine after a few quick snaps, becomes notable after about 5 mins in the camera app.
Doesn't just effect the camera, it's system wide when rotating the screen.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used the camera for extended periods of time to be honest so maybe I haven't hit the scenario where the rotation problem kicks in. Will give it a go and report back next time I take some pics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)