UPDATE 12/24: The Lumia 535 on Newegg DOES support 3G/H+

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE 12/24: The version of the 535 on Newegg does support 3G on AT&T.

wp_ss_20141224_0001.png

Just got mine in today. Looks to be HSDPA or HSPA+ (I can't tell). Oh and it's matte! I was very worried about that slimy feeling fingerprint magnet I'd seen in all the videos.

Original Post: There's a deal going where the Lumia 535 can be found on Newegg for $140.99 right now.

So far, what I see is it being advertised as only working on 2G with AT&T.

...yet it's 3G section of bands lists it as compatible with 850/900/1900/2100 MHz which allow me 3G/HSDPA on my R800a Xperia Play.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: How is there no 3G on AT&T US?

Newegg.com allows one to ask questions about products. I'd suggest asking them.

I've never purchased a phone from newegg.com, but I've purchased PC peripherals. When I've asked if peripherals were compatible with Windows 8.1, they've answered my questions, and the peripherals did indeed work as they said.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I went ahead and tried that. As expected, no answer thus far...

...I went ahead and decided to buy though. If it doesn't work, I'll likely just return it as the product description would not match the product.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 92136

Just got mine in today. Looks to be HSDPA or HSPA+ (I can't tell). Oh and it's matte! I was very worried about that slimy feeling fingerprint magnet I'd seen in all the videos.

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

The 'D' in HSDPA stands for download. There's also a HSUPA, where the 'U' stands for upload (or actually I think its uplink, but same thing). As you can probably guess, together they form HSPA+. What I'm trying to say is, you likely have both. That's cool that you're getting 3G on your 535 though. If they ever resolve the touch issues, I may look into getting one from Newegg. Of course, I'd have to find out if 3G would work on T-Mobile though.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

The 'D' in HSDPA stands for download. There's also a HSUPA, where the 'U' stands for upload (or actually I think its uplink, but same thing). As you can probably guess, together they form HSPA+. What I'm trying to say is, you likely have both. That's cool that you're getting 3G on your 535 though. If they ever resolve the touch issues, I may look into getting one from Newegg.

Thanks for the clarification on H+!
What I can say of the whole screen responsivity fiasco is that I registered it into the dev preview and got an update that significantly improved touch response.