Dotview updated

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Dotview updated today. Update includes holiday themes (if the setting is turned on the themes automatically enable on the holiday I believe, and you can choose them manually) and the only other change seems to be the ability to turn off dotview completely. Close the case and nothing will happen, screen is still on, etc.

I'm mostly happy with this update- I'm sure many of you are aware that dotview completely BREAKS any application that "runs under the lockscreen" (try using a flashlight app and closing the case). The ability to turn off dotview is appreciated, however I would rather that the dotview app itself were disabled, while closing and opening the case still turned the phone on and off. This would fix "running under the lockscreen" issues without sacrificing the case's convenience.

The other thing I would like to see is the ability to pin the dotview settings to start, or something. Or have an action center toggle for enabling/disabling dotview. I want the functionality of dotview- but I'd like to be able to quickly disable it so I can easily just use a flashlight app without having to hold the case open or rummage through settings.

What do you guys think?

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nice.

They also added Skype to the list of notifications. I can't think of what more I'd want out of it except for a gesture to launch the camera.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting an error every time Dot View is updated about the store and it gets removed. Now I can't get it back and when I close my case I just get the signal strength and clock on top bar lighting up and nothing else. Been a constant problem.

sebastian6912

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe try to manual install from Windows Phone Store
See left bottom side "Download and install manually"
I think this may MSFT store issue, same issue I've heard on Lumia device

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Love the themes (my friends are really impressed by the Dot View case functionalities, too), but the Facebook, Skype, and Messenger notifications don't seem to show, even when I have their notifications enabled in the dot view app.

sebastian6912

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
After some experiments, notifications of Skype, Facebook and Messenger would only show on dot view if you receive notifications when your dot view case is closed.
If you receive notifications when dot view case is opened, notifications won't appear on dot view when dot view case close later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss