Lumia Denim for unlocked 930s?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Does flashing it to a non-HK version add any other enhancements? I don't mind waiting.

What did you flash it to btw?

Thanks,

Mr. V

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Yea but if you use back up you only need to re enter your passwords everything else is restored.
This USB thing is a problem but persevere as I have had it as well, spent nearly an hour f,Ing around with it before then all of a sudden bang it starts the flashin prosesse.
I used the euro Denmark rom for my HK 930.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and jumped in, just because the instructions were there, and didn't seem too hard.

I don't really use Cortana, so that won't do much for me. I'll play around with the camera a bit tomorrow in the light, and see what else is in there. I noticed a few new Lumia apps, but right now the phone is restoring the backup and installing apps, so it may be a bit before I can do much with it.

This whole process took a little more than an hour.

Thanks to the poster who linked the instructions, and those that chipped in along the way on the thread.

Enrico Taroni

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
OK, yesterday I resumed an old laptop with win 7 and I installed everything there and I managed to flash my 930 ! Now I'm on Denim !!! :wink:

The only bad thing is that "hey cortana" doesn't works very well... at the start it was working pretty well, now very often it doesn't wake up ! Anybody has the same issue ? Any suggestion ? Thanks

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Can we STOP making pointless "No Demin Yet.." threads.. The titles are very mis-leading and confusing

Denim will be out when its out, Theres a couple of Threads with the Finland codes for Denim and a Sticky about Denim,

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Apologies, but this thread title was not "no denim yet". Further, I for one found a very quick and concise summary of how to flash Denim in this thread, and then went forward and did it.

It was very useful. If it's problematic, then maybe it can get merged.

idloco

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
hi, I got a 930 with the Mobile Operator set as "000-TW" which I assume it's for Taiwan, but looking that the update availability page it doesn't even comes out there for Cyan..
Does that mean, that it's not even supported? or should I just wait until they release demin there and they will update the page?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
If it's unlocked, you can follow the instructions in this thread to flash.

Mine was an HK variant. I was going to wait, but went and flashed, because it seemed pretty easy, so I did it.

One ting to remember if you do it - you are flashing to Cyan on a region that has Denim available. Once you flash, then you check for updates on your phone, and denim downloads and installs.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
It is indeed Denim since it says 'Lumia Update for Windows Phone' in details. I have downloaded it but will install once I charge up my phone battery. Lumia 930 unlocked HK variant.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Nokia Lumia 930 that is unlocked. Right now under extra info it shows Lumia Cyan.

I am in Canada, but the phone says it is an RM-1045-_1044
It also says the Mobile Operator is 000_HK

Any idea when I will get Denim, or being with a Carrier in Canada who does not support the Lumia 930 - can I get it?

It's now carrier dependent - is it?

Thanks,

Mr. V
It's a unlocked Hong Kong country variant rom. You probably receiving the update now.

Khyzersoze

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've also got an unlocked HK version. What's weird is that the phone update doesn't seem to recognize there is one yet. So still no denim for me.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Just got it today and I LOVE IT. Haven't seen any purple tint issues whatsoever, camera is hella fast, and hey Cortana is now my new favorite feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster