Has anyone received the denim update on developer preview yet?

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have Developer Preview and did not have to roll back to install Denim. I know it isn't the glitch that mistakenly shows "Lumia Denim" in Extras+Info because I have had that before. Looking at Extras+Info now, it shows how much RAM my phone has, which the glitch never had. It also has different version numbers for the listed applications.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Other people got DEMIN by just unmark the button on the developer preview app. So down grade is not needed.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Developer Preview and did not have to roll back to install Denim. I know it isn't the glitch that mistakenly shows "Lumia Denim" in Extras+Info because I have had that before. Looking at Extras+Info now, it shows how much RAM my phone has, which the glitch never had. It also has different version numbers for the listed applications.

It shows RAM on black too. Did you get an update on your phone and have to restart at least once? If not then you don't have it.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon is gonna release an update they need to release it to everyone at the same dang time!!! -_-

I am sorry but that is among the silliest comments I have seen in the forums in some time. Do you understand how this stuff works? OTA updated are often staggered to keep from servers becoming overtaxed. The desire to complain around here even when getting what one wants is stunning at times....

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I do understand how this stuff works im a computer science degree and I work in telecommunications with my college. Apple releases all of their stuff at the same time and they have no problem doing it. WINDOWS PHONE SHOULD BE THE SAME WAY!

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry but that is among the silliest comments I have seen in the forums in some time. Do you understand how this stuff works? OTA updated are often staggered to keep from servers becoming overtaxed. The desire to complain around here even when getting what one wants is stunning at times....

I disagree. Apple releases updates to millions of phones at the exact same time. Even on WP, developer preview updates are pushed out at the exact same time to everyone. I bet there are more developer preview users than there are 928 users. Regardless, it sounds like the update hasn't been released yet since no one has gotten it yet, even on the wpcentral comments thread on the article. When it is released, everyone will get it at once. I have never seen a staggered WP update before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills