How to flash Finland rom in my Indian L1520 to get Denim right now.

Glen Urbina

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
As an advice, I used to flash a lot of ROMs and else on Android devices. I'd strongly recommend not to flash a different ROM on an AT&T 1520 other than AT&T ROMS.

AT&T devices always had a different section for each phone model and were treated as a different phone for a reason. I would not dare to flash Finland ROM on an AT&T 1520.

Even worse: WP has not all that many users, guides and experts as the Android Community (at least in XDA). If you run into a problem or brick your phone I don't think you can't do much to revive it or find any useful information on how to bring it back from the dead.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I will consider waiting... First the Finland Denim ROM is not available on the Nokia Care servers, only the Cyan ROM is available, you will again have to run an OTA update. this ROM is around 4.1 GB. I have flashed GB ROM onto my HK-937 using win 8 without knowing i have to disable driver signature.. nothing turned out bad..(of course your warranty will be voided with this process)
Additionally you are on Win 10 technical preview, the drivers may not work well and you might end bricking the phone.. guess it will be better to wait.. Not just for this process, any flashing process for that matter, even with Lumia software recovery tool, should be done with a stable OS and not a preview OS, you will never know when it might break...

Givi Mdivnishvili

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
No problems. Had Kazakhstan version of Lumia 1520 and flashed to Finland when cyan was first released in Finland and run with no problems since then.
One thing that has to be taken into account is RM version

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Well i have just flashed FI CV Black to my 1520...Cyan...checked call/wifi/3g working fine. Now i have just forced check for update and it's downloading it (OTA) will update you guys about it in detail once i get complete update

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Fair Warning:

Flashing another region's ROM will without a doubt break the internet sharing feature on your AT&T L1520. I did this on my L920 for Cyan. All the research and fixes were only temporary; eventually internet sharing would break again and again--I would have to hard reset my phone every time it broke (what a pain).

Here's the story: I flashed another region's ROM on my L920 and it permanently broke my internet sharing. And trust me, AT&T can determine whether you have flashed another ROM or not on your phone if you decide to do an insurance claim. When it happened to me, the IT guy I talked to couldn't prove that I flashed another ROM, but it did register on their systems as another firmware and ROM. Unless you plan on paying $199 for a replacement L1520, I would suggest waiting until it's cleared on AT&T's end.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Really hope that windows 10 update starts in India on the L1520 !.!.!

Good luck with that.

Meh... They have to start somewhere. Harrie seems a good sort. I hope for him he gets his wish. I'm not particularly concerned where these updates start at. I'll get mine sooner or later. Right now I'm Factory unlocked and out of Region of origination so if someone said Windows 10 tomorrow only for US 1520 it wouldn't do me any good, but at least I'm not carrier dependent.

Thank all the Gods I'm not on Vzw with an Icon. LOLz.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Actual my remark was kind of sarcastic. Because all the flashed phones have to be flashed back again if they want it first. ;)

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the Finland rom yesterday for L939. But it didn't have field test menu. So I flashed it back to Vietnam firmware. Now waiting for the denim.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your cooperation everyone, I've successfully flashed the Finland Rom on my L1520, and so happy to have running the Lumia Denim right now. Have a very good holiday season to you all. Hallelujah!
how did u flash finaland rom??
im trying the xda developer way
​but not working!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786