Battery life post 8.1 update

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be draining faster. Maybe I'm just noticing it more since the battery sense gives a real time percentage?
I have noticed some apps I set as never run in background will be on again if I check later, like MSN news or sports.

Curtis Gregory

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed big problems with my Battery after update. My Lumia 928 does not even charge fully now. I plug it in for hours and the phone doesn't charge. This started the night after the update.

:unhappysweat:

correction.. this was after the update to Denim update. not the 8.1 update. I had the 8.1 threw developer's preview for a while now. but since the Denim the battery won't charge.

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Battery life took a hit for the first day (and charge cycle). Quite frankly though this is to be expected with a major upgrade. It is now back to precisely where it was before the update.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Curtis, are you using a wired charger or wireless? I'm using the wireless charger and my 928 will get to 100% just fine.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Both. I use a Qi charger when I am home but since my battery is down at day I use a wired.

It has been 2 days with the same problem.

I've been using my 928 the same way as I had before the update and I can still get it to 100% without doing anything special. Were you able to get it to 100% since posting this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05