Lumia 535 dead display

nothanks91

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
i bought lumia 535 three days ago and its display is already dead, phone connects with laptop but display is just plain dead, phone is back with support guys but i want to know if its a widespread problem or just one faulty device?

Shuyn Herng

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Dude, you are not alone. Same goes with my phone.

Display gone blank just after I unplug my phone from the power charger. I am DAMN sure mine is fully charged! :angry:Screen gone BLANK but still can feel the vibration after pressing the ON/OFF button.

OS is running at background just display BLANK. Now the phone is with support. Not sure what is the problem yet.

(Just weird is that it happened after I installed the Lumia Gesture Beta app!)

Shuyn Herng

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Not sure the software update does anything to "KILL" the phone display.

As I know, the support is ordering "NEW" parts to replace the display. Hopefully this "NEW" part is not a faulty unit as others user has suspect that the whole Lumia 535 phone line is subject to defect on touch sensor and display.

Hope the parts arrived early and get my phone fix fast.

Naissuh Dammahum

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
hey do you change brightness to 100 %
i also install gesture beta app
same with me
BLACK SCREEN
I send my 535 to service center
a new set had come (replaced)
after 40 days

Naissuh Dammahum

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
i got the same problem after 15 days using lumia 535
i full my brightness
gesture beta app also installed
and in charging it lock and gone
I send to service center
set has been replaced
after 40 days
its too long time

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Bit strange that 2 different people have the exact same issue with the same model of phone & both have the same app installed.

Jhoni Iverson

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me, two days after I bought the phone, the display went blank. Sent it to support, I waited for about two months. Now that I got my phone back the touch is occurring, installed the latest fix update but the touch is still not good, looks like I have to send it to support again and wait for I don't know how long. Microsoft your first phone is such a BIG fail! Just admit it that its actually hardware problem!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My 535 was almost ok touchscreen wise, but I also had this dead screen issue. I've never installed gestures beta on the 535 (no sim inserted).

I sent the device to the Care, got it after a week, they have changed the motherboard (so new IMEI). Screen unchanged, so depending on the days, I can use it very easily or, like today, it will click instead of scrolling, swiping on the keyboard will be impossible, etc.

I've bought it to test W10, but when it's over, I'll resell it.

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on my L535 so here is what i know:

Lumia line REALLY have a problem with dead displays!
This problem is not limited only to L535, as I found during my research when i faced this problem. Some guys face it on L820, L920 and some other Lumias. So my guess is there is a problem on an assembling line from a Nokia/Microsoft plant.

On L535 this problem is faced more often!
From all devices on which this problem is present, L535 has it the most frequently. BUT, what would you expect from a device which was clearly bad-crafted? I mean, after all the problems L535 comes with, i'm not surprised it has this problem more often than any other Lumia device.

Cause AND Solution
The cause of this problem is....-drums-....bad/broken motherboard. When i faced the problem, 1-2 days after i bought the device, i sent it for replacement, and they told me, before granting the replacement, that the motherboard was the problem. SO, the fault is MS/Nokia's not users.
Solution? Send it back for repair or replacement. Its not your fault and there is almost nothing you can do. Almost? Yea. You could try a soft reset (volume down+lock) or a reflash from Lumia Recovery Tool, but there were just a few ppl who solved the problem this way, and my guess is that their problem with dead screen was not caused by a broken motherboard.

PS: I now have a L535 again, working decent(i wont lie, is not perfect). It is still hardware 3.0.0 not that 5.0.1 variant and i have the latest firmware, which i recommend you to get even from Lumia Recovery Tool if the OTA is not ready for your region. Sure, you'll loose some of your data even if you back up things, but the improvement with the latest firmware is BIG so its worth it.

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
so where can i buy motherboard for my phone?
cuz there is no any care in my Country
:(

i dont really know a place for this, but i think you have better chances to find a broken L535 and buy it for its motherboard. but i think it will be hard to find, because the phone is new so everyone who brokes it still have it in waranty. but it worths a shot, its easier to find a broken phone than a specific hardware piece

Kring Baluyot

May 21, 2015
Visit site
The same problem encountering right now. Though its just less than 4months old but I have experiencing blank screen even if it is turned on. I have tried to restart and reset it earlier, but the same thing, nothing is happening. Can anyone there help me through it? Thanks so much.

Jhoni Iverson

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The same problem encountering right now. Though its just less than 4months old but I have experiencing blank screen even if it is turned on. I have tried to restart and reset it earlier, but the same thing, nothing is happening. Can anyone there help me through it? Thanks so much.

Welcome to "black screen of death", nothing you can do about it, just send it to Nokia care and they'll replace the part. I had this issue two days after I got the phone. Lumia 535 is basically doomed/crappy device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)