928 Lockups after Denim update

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Installed Denim OTA Friday nite. I've had 3 lockups where I could not wake the phone. Only the soft reset would revive it. Anyone else having this issue?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but I have had absolutely no lockups on my 928 since the update. Everything has been completely solid. The only quirk I have seen is the Music app gets confused over a couple old classical music Christmas albums - never shows the correct title for the specific songs through the console in my car. It is only a couple albums though and I think it is just failing to identify them correctly and its subsequent guesses are off base.

Have you installed the Microsoft Field Medic App? That might give a clue as to the source in the system logs? BTW, were you on the WP8 OS or the DP version?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was on DP. I was in the process Friday night of downloading the Denim update through the lumia SRT when it started coming in OTA around 9:30pm. I let it run OTA. Thinking about a hard reset and restore backup if it does it again.Its happened every day, once.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
That may be the best route. It certainly sounds like something went wrong with the update. Really has been completely stable and much faster here. In fact, I may try reactivating my other 928 as a backup to see if Denim resolves the problems I had on that device after using the DP. Probably still just a defective device but is worth checking. I can always then reactivate my current backup if is still unable - a comparatively ancient 822 that also seems completely stable with Denim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa