My Lumia 930 is frequently restarting

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Since last couple of days, my Lumia 930 restarts once a day. I have started facing this issue after installing Gestures Beta. I though that this Gestures Beta must responsible for this. But one of my colleague also installed Gestures Beta in his Lumia 625. But his device isn't restarting.

Just like desktop, is there some error log, through which I can find out, the reason for the restart? Could this be because of hardware issue, like damaged or bad sector in the internal memory of the phone?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry there is no error login like on the PC.
What you could do is soft reset, replace your SIM card, replace SD card if you have one. (With replace I mean get it out and place it back in again). These are relative easy things to do and will not heard. A hard reset or the use of Lumia software recovery can also help but before you do this be sure to make a backup.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same issue, restarting randomly.
I have notice this happening more frequently when using Internet Explorer, often the keyboard or phone becomes unresponsive and then will restart.

Haven't soft reset my phone can't pinpoint the issue.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been doing this for the last few days, about once a day.
I have never installed the gestures app, so that's not causing it.
Been fine since I got it about 3 months ago only just started happening.

Any other apps you guys have installed just prior to developing this fault?

Just checked Battery Saver, Cortana's background use is 100% in the last 24hrs, 50% last 24 hrs and still 15% the last week.

Culprit?

Last edited:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, battery saver's measures of usage aren't very accurate. I've seen it say the same about Phone even if I've not made any calls or random apps.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well after a wait of month I got my Lumia 930 back on 3rd of Feb. They factory reset it, so I lost all my applications, which I had to re-install. Everything was working fine. Today it again restarted. I am not sure if what caused it, could it be true caller, which i installed today?

​I have performed a soft reset, will see, if this restart happens again.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Maybe uninstall that app and try it for a couple of days without and see if it does not reset then.

Fred

Well after a wait of month I got my Lumia 930 back on 3rd of Feb. They factory reset it, so I lost all my applications, which I had to re-install. Everything was working fine. Today it again restarted. I am not sure if what caused it, could it be true caller, which i installed today?

​I have performed a soft reset, will see, if this restart happens again.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
After Denim update, the frequency has increased. Now a days almost everyday I observer restart. Usually this restart is not while using or opening an application, it restart when the phone is idle. I have disabled Cortana at the background. Will see if it happens again.

Looks like this is a similar issue, that Lumia 920 users faced with the first firmware.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
You didn't mention it after it was suggested, but did you remove and reinsert the SIM? That's always been what caused my phone to restart.

I'm not certain why but replacing it altogether (brand new) might even help. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss