Thought I had the deal of the decade-NOT help needed please

PeterByrne

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was at the local electronics superstore and noticed they had a number of ex display items for sale. This included a yellow 1020 for ?90. Wow 😲 I thought that is unbelievable. There was of course one problem, I am an English speaker and this shop is in Helsinki Finland, my Finnish is ok but not good enough to understand all of the text on the sticker the retailer had placed on the side of the box 😠 ****!!

The text became important today when I presented the gift to my wife only to discover the phone has some serious screen burn 😈. This has obviously happened when say on display for months.

Does anyone know of a way I can fix this problem? I have never been so embarrassed in my entire gift giving life😞

Thanks and merry Christmas to all.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Bugger.
Screens can be replaced so find a Nokia care center or a local repair shop. But first ask the price.
Does the phone work apart from the screen burn.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I've only had minor success with burn in on AMOLED screens using aps like that. On AMOLED, I don't think you can recover damaged pixels, like you might be able to do LCD's Once they're damaged, they're basically damaged.

You can get a replacement screen assembly for around $100-$150, and swap it, but that doesn't help your deal out.

Can you by chance translate what the sticker says, and return it if it's no clear that screen is burned?

PeterByrne

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone! I am currently running the wiper app so I'll leave it running over night and keep fingers crossed, thanks for the link.

Unfortunately because it was a display item there is a no returns policy.

I have noticed that the burn in is less visible if I chose a dark background, so maybe that's the way to go. Now begins the hunt for apps with dark backgrounds.

Thanks everyone

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone! I am currently running the wiper app so I'll leave it running over night and keep fingers crossed, thanks for the link.

Unfortunately because it was a display item there is a no returns policy.

I have noticed that the burn in is less visible if I chose a dark background, so maybe that's the way to go. Now begins the hunt for apps with dark backgrounds.

Thanks everyone

It was unfortunate to hear what happened.
Do let us know if the wiper app worked!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss