Why do I have to do to get the Lumia Denim Update?

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 (RM-937) which is running on preview for developers. My question is do I have to do something in order to get the Lumia Denim update? or Do I have to wait a bit more? Why I try to update the phone, it says phone up to date. I tried updating after switching off preview for developer but still the same result. But the weird part is, I checked the extras+info and it says Lumia Denim. I think that's just a bug. So what should I do?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No you do not need to do anything except to wait. The phone "check" regular if there is a update and if so it will inform you. See also under SETTINGS the phone update settings.

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Regarding Lumia Denim Update

Firmware version - 02061.00066.14253.40004
I have Hong Kong country variant but I live in Sri Lanka. So when do I get the update, when its available in Hong Kong or in Sri Lanka?

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that matters when it comes to updates is the phone's country variant and NOT the country you are in.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Updates are tied to the firmware running on the phone, period. If you have a Hong Kong variant and haven't tinkered with the firmware then you'll get the update when updates for the RM-937 for Hong Kong is pushed

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I think there is still a good chance of receiving the update this year for 930 and 1520 users. Probably just after Christmas.

Abhijeet Haval

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I also have nokia Lumia 1520 RM-937. It is Hong Kong variant. The Lumia update availability page for asia pacific shows that, Lumia denim is available for the nokia Lumia 1520 in Hong Kong but still I can't find any update for my phone in the settings. I am running developer preview.
I am frustrated and waiting desperately for the denim update.

Adeel 360

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I also have nokia Lumia 1520 RM-937. It is Hong Kong variant. The Lumia update availability page for asia pacific shows that, Lumia denim is available for the nokia Lumia 1520 in Hong Kong but still I can't find any update for my phone in the settings. I am running developer preview.
I am frustrated and waiting desperately for the denim update.

Same I'm getting sick if it now its been more than a week since denim hit the servers for HK variants, but Microsoft still hasn't pushed the update :-\

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss