535 Screen Update

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone got the update that fix touch issues?

If there any please tell me about it. And compare it with 520/620 how it is? Same or worst?

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Updated. Feeling much much better than the old. Must upgrade! Can't give comparison cos I don't have 520/620.

I reckon if put on a matt screen protector, it will be perfect.

I have 920 and 1520, it's just a notch down compared to few notches down before the update.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've updated to 8.10.14226.359 but the problem is still there. Sigh. Had this issue with 620 when it was first launched. I got a 820 in the end but the screen cracked when i dropped it last week so I had to get a new phone and 535 seemed like a good deal. Apparently not.

If this is not fixed, I'll probably ditch this phone and get an Android. It's a shame but I need a phone that works.

Tahmid Alam

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Updated. Feeling much much better than the old. Must upgrade! Can't give comparison cos I don't have 520/620.

I reckon if put on a matt screen protector, it will be perfect.

I have 920 and 1520, it's just a notch down compared to few notches down before the update.

Is there any battery performance improvement?

DingosStable

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone got the update that fix touch issues?

If there any please tell me about it. And compare it with 520/620 how it is? Same or worst?

The screen of the Lumia 520 is way better. Its super responisve thanks to sensitive Touch. It has better Multitouch. For example , when you zoom in the Browser it feels Smooth on the 520. On the 535 it feels more laggy.

Now, after i sold my 520 , i realize how good the Hardware and Build quality was. 520 feels solid in your Hand. 535 feels like a Yoghurt pot in your Hand...

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely hurting for this update already and I'm just one day in.

They need to *test* this update rollout in the US like yesterday.

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've updated to 8.10.14226.359 but the problem is still there. Sigh. Had this issue with 620 when it was first launched. I got a 820 in the end but the screen cracked when i dropped it last week so I had to get a new phone and 535 seemed like a good deal. Apparently not.

If this is not fixed, I'll probably ditch this phone and get an Android. It's a shame but I need a phone that works.

lol android is definitely not the place to look for a phone that "works". Particularly if you are on a budget (which you clearly are seeing as you're messing with the 5xx and 6xx range)

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
It's look like my mom next phone gonna be 630

I already have my hand for that. The screen better than before but can't be compared to 625.

The phone performance isn't really impressed me. My 625 is better at most task.

Guys I wouldn't recommend Lumia 535. It may have quad core processor 1gb ram ffc and flash.

The thing is why they still sold 630 at higher prices? From bow I can conclude that I MS want to make poor quality product with high spec it's possible. Really possible . What we learn here is phone isn't about performance but the build quality.

Maybe this is MS way to show quality is no1 for ppl who already got 535 thanks now I know I shouldn't get that device.

In past ppl saying that Nokia made low spec phone at higher price. But now the spec isn't really important huh.

Anyway thanks for information

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Updated. Feeling much much better than the old.
What region are you in such that you got this update? Or are you in the dev preview? I'm in the US and don't see anything for my 535DS.

This touch screen mess is actually kinda making my Christmas sour.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
What region are you in such that you got this update? Or are you in the dev preview? I'm in the US and don't see anything for my 535DS.

This touch screen mess is actually kinda making my Christmas sour.

Asia Pacific. Not on dp.

There's still bit of phantom after some usage, but it's still far better than before. Putting in pocket with constant rubbing of screen will cause some issues. For those who have problem keying pw, you need to press on off switch.

I am trying to get hold of screen protector for 535 which is rare, to see if it helps. I have 920 and 1520 on SP, none have screen issues even for the infamous 1520. 920 by far is the best phone I owned till date.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
lol android is definitely not the place to look for a phone that "works". Particularly if you are on a budget (which you clearly are seeing as you're messing with the 5xx and 6xx range)

I need a phone that I can type a message with. With the 535, it's just a nightmare. Touches don't register nicely ALL the time, even after the update. I repeat. ALL THE TIME. That means you will find difficulty typing in your unlock PIN, user names, passwords, emails addresses, messages, everything every single time. Heck, even the double tap wouldn't work because touches don't register correctly. Imagine having to fight the phone every single time you want to use it.

I owned cheap Android before and at least the touch works.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I need a phone that I can type a message with. With the 535, it's just a nightmare. Touches don't register nicely ALL the time, even after the update. I repeat. ALL THE TIME. That means you will find difficulty typing in your unlock PIN, user names, passwords, emails addresses, messages, everything every single time. Heck, even the double tap wouldn't work because touches don't register correctly. Imagine having to fight the phone every single time you want to use it.

I owned cheap Android before and at least the touch works.
Get 520,625.
Or 630.
530 if you didn't have much money
930 if you got loat of money
929 if you live in US
1520 if you got money and didn't mind oversized phone

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

lol try telling that to the 2.5 million people who buy an Android device every day!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well my galaxy young now bricked for no clear reason.
Never happened on my C6-00 or 610. Or my L625

Yes, it's not perfect. But neither is any other device. There is a lot of garbage spewed here about Android, most of which is false. If even 10% of what is said here was true, Android would not be anywhere near where it is today. 2 weeks of Android sales equals 1 year of WP sales. And WP growth is flat at best, and Android continues to grow. And there's not much room to grow at 85% market share you know!

I use both WP and Android. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. What's this very thread about? An obvious flaw in a Lumia device! I don't have a 535, but from what I've read about it almost any other device would be less painful to use.

I'm platform agnostic, so I use both WP and Android and utilize their individual strengths. I would be hurting myself by shunning one or the other on principle. I'm not here to down WP or even promote Android, but a little realism should be used before posting. A lot of Windows Central users hate Android, and I know we all tend to down what we don't like. But still, let's use our heads. I don't know how many users are here, but probably a few hundred or maybe thousand. There are 7 billion potential smartphone customers. They have shown which platform they prefer, and they keep coming back for more. Are you going to argue with that?

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Get 520,625.
Or 630.
530 if you didn't have much money
930 if you got loat of money
929 if you live in US
1520 if you got money and didn't mind oversized phone

That's a big NO. I don't live in the US and 930 and 1520 are too expensive.
Not to mention, 1520 has phantom touches (Why can't they get simple things right?).

I had a 620 where the multi point touches were crap. Got a 820 in the end.
Now I have a 535 where even the single touches don't work. And now you're telling me to spend more money to get yet another Nokia/MS phone?
I'm not going to do that if they can't even get basic things like touch working. I'll just get an Android and keep the 535 as a reminder not to do the same mistake again.

Like tgp, I'm platform agnostic. I got the 535 because it's cheap. If I have to buy two phones everytime i buy a WP phone, I'd rather use an Android.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't own a 535, but I do own a 520 and a 635. The 520 allows you to set the sensitivity of the screen to either normal or high, the 635 does not have a sensitivity setting for the screen; but it is fine like it is. I have never had problems with touch sensitivity on any of my Lumia's.

This is not a good move by Microsoft to let a problem like this slip though on their first name phone. The phone has been praised by tech people because of its features/price, and this flaw is going to cost them some customers at a time they can ill affort to have something like this happen. Still the other phones seem to not be having this problem. So lets hope the damage is minimum.

By the way I use both Android and WP though I consider my main phone to be a Windows phone, and use it much more than my Android phone. Also when (if they ever come out with something decent at a decent price) my upgrade it will be a WP .

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
The touch screen issue on the Lumia 535 really tarnished the Microsoft Lumia brand. Seeing that the 1520 also suffered from the same problem makes me glad that I chose a 1020.

But people I know who bought the 535 either changed to a higher end model or if they are lucky enough, managed to get a refund like me. (I bought one for my sister as a Christmas gift)

Great specs, very poor build quality. Remember to test future Microsoft Lumia devices thoroughly before leaving the store. Better to be safe than sorry!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)