Lumia 1020 having some issues.

dmak91

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I got this phone in October. Loved it. Later I saw that the shutter had a slight crack, visible if u look closely.My friend too has this phone but couldn't find the crack on shutter of his,phone.
Other problems I am currently facing are:-
1. When I start the camera, I can feel a slight jerk and a clicking sound. Am sure the intensity is greater than when I bought the phone. Its much more noticeable now.
2.Camera sometimes takes too much time to open. Same with some other apps.
3.Autofocus has some issues,photos coming out blur. Also videos cant seem to autofocus properly. Not sure if its hardware problem or software one. Currently on preview for developers.
4.Again camera related, people are saying they fixed the yellow tint issue when using flash. I have this issue where photos sometimes look too much yellowish. Didn't expect this from aphone which has the second best camera.
5.Music apps lag alot. Scrolling between artist,album and playlist option is very laggy. Mostly all the music apps I tried have this issue. Also the search option randomly disappears in Xbox music, cant search songs on the phone because of this.
Sorry for the long post but really needed help for these issues. Wanted to know if I should claim warranty or not. 😊

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I got this phone in October. Loved it. Later I saw that the shutter had a slight crack, visible if u look closely.My friend too has this phone but couldn't find the crack on shutter of his,phone.
Other problems I am currently facing are:-
1. When I start the camera, I can feel a slight jerk and a clicking sound. Am sure the intensity is greater than when I bought the phone. Its much more noticeable now.
2.Camera sometimes takes too much time to open. Same with some other apps.
3.Autofocus has some issues,photos coming out blur. Also videos cant seem to autofocus properly. Not sure if its hardware problem or software one. Currently on preview for developers.
4.Again camera related, people are saying they fixed the yellow tint issue when using flash. I have this issue where photos sometimes look too much yellowish. Didn't expect this from aphone which has the second best camera.
5.Music apps lag alot. Scrolling between artist,album and playlist option is very laggy. Mostly all the music apps I tried have this issue. Also the search option randomly disappears in Xbox music, cant search songs on the phone because of this.
Sorry for the long post but really needed help for these issues. Wanted to know if I should claim warranty or not. ��

1. The clicking sound and jerking sensation is normal. It has not intensified in my L1020. Check if your OIS is making "screeching" sounds by recording a short video and panning your phone in four directions, then watch the video and listen for sharp screeching sounds. If you can't hear any abnormality, then your phone is alright. On a side note, avoid using the LED light of the camera for prolonged periods of time, such as for flashlight-like purposes, since this has been identified by sources as a cause for camera malfunctions.

2. I am also experiencing the same lags, but I noticed that the lags happen only during times when my tiles are scheduled to update in the background.

3. Are you shooting those videos and taking those photos in low light? If yes, that is normal, but more improvements are expected in future updates (Denim and/or Windows 10).

4. Set the white balance to "sunlight" - this (in my experience) delivers the most faithful color rendering. Also, make sure that the color saturation and temperature of your display is correct (under settings > display) - make sure that white is indeed white.

5. This is a problem with the Music app itself, but it can also be aggravated by the occasional lag (as in #2).

If you can claim your warranty, then do so (even if there's really nothing wrong with your phone). In effect you might have the chance to try two brand new phones in non-overlapping time frames.

No problem with your long post, you've got a long reply.:cool:

dmak91

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks alot for replying. Really appreciate it. But yes the jerking has really increased and makes audible noise. Thinking of flashing the phone to stock. They might cancel the warranty if they find preview for developers. (That's what I have heard)
Also, I think the blurring and focus issues started after the Lumia camera update. Have to ask people if they too find this issue. Somehow microsoft screwed up the update I guess.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks alot for replying. Really appreciate it. But yes the jerking has really increased and makes audible noise. Thinking of flashing the phone to stock. They might cancel the warranty if they find preview for developers. (That's what I have heard)
Also, I think the blurring and focus issues started after the Lumia camera update. Have to ask people if they too find this issue. Somehow microsoft screwed up the update I guess.
MS screwed up a lot for both 1020 and 925 since wp 8.1 was released: freezing, rebooting. They promissed a fix...well till now nothing but a grwat big huge lie!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12