German Lumia 620, Vodafone, doesn't find updates

vb4

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the Vodafone version of Lumia 620. According to the update website, Denim became available for it yesterday.
However, my phone claims that there is no new update available. I already tried restarting my phone but it didn't help.

Is this a known issue that can be solved somehow?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not an issue at all. That an update is available according to the update website, doesn't necessarily mean that you're gonna get it right away. Give it a couple of days, it'll show up for you eventually.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Gotta love Microsoft's idea of providing information to customers.

With hundreds of carriers and markets where Windows Phone is available, it's next to impossible to tell exact dates of when an update will be available to you. Seriously, where's the big deal? Does it really matter that much when you'll exactly receive it?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I looks like it that it does. If he has to pay something and has to do it within 60 days he pays also on day 1. ;)

vb4

May 29, 2014
Visit site
With hundreds of carriers and markets where Windows Phone is available, it's next to impossible to tell exact dates of when an update will be available to you. Seriously, where's the big deal? Does it really matter that much when you'll exactly receive it?

Thankfully not for this update.
But I've already had updates where knowing the exact date would have saved me from tremendous grief. Denim is a rather minor update, but something like 8.1 was total havoc. Hell, without WP 8.1 I wouldn't even be able to connect to my unversity's wifi.
So yes, time is of importance. It always is. I can wait, but when the update is dated, it has to ******* be on time and with all of the announced functionality. Anything else is just ******* unprofessional.
I'm glad that I don't care about Cortana. Otherwise I would be much more annoyed.

Also, I still don't have the update, despite it being available supposedly for six days. I'm starting to suspect that I really do have a bug. (See? I can't even know if it's a bug or if the update hasn't rolled out yet - Which is a MAJOR issue in information flow)
I wish there would be other 620 users (Apparently I'm the only one on the planet) who would mention if their updates worked.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully not for this update.
But I've already had updates where knowing the exact date would have saved me from tremendous grief. Denim is a rather minor update, but something like 8.1 was total havoc. Hell, without WP 8.1 I wouldn't even be able to connect to my unversity's wifi.
So yes, time is of importance. It always is. I can wait, but when the update is dated, it has to ******* be on time and with all of the announced functionality. Anything else is just ******* unprofessional.
I'm glad that I don't care about Cortana. Otherwise I would be much more annoyed.

Also, I still don't have the update, despite it being available supposedly for six days. I'm starting to suspect that I really do have a bug. (See? I can't even know if it's a bug or if the update hasn't rolled out yet - Which is a MAJOR issue in information flow)
I wish there would be other 620 users (Apparently I'm the only one on the planet) who would mention if their updates worked.

If you need a reliably scheduled updates, then there's no other way but switching to iOS. Apple is the only company keeping their mouth shut about updates and delivers right the moment they let their customers and even tech sites know about it. That doesn't mean these updates have passed anything worth being called a quality check, but you'll at least be getting them right away.
Android on the other hand is a complete update nightmare.

vb4

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this polite way of telling me to get ****ed. As you have noticed yourself already, you are telling me to do something impossible.

Anyway, it's been three weeks and I still don't have the update.

vb4

May 29, 2014
Visit site
If anyone wonders, I finally got the update today. Almost exactly one month after it was listed available on the website.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If anyone wonders, I finally got the update today. Almost exactly one month after it was listed available on the website.

Yes I actual was thinking about it yesterday. So thanks for the feedback but it is a ...... that you had to wait that long.
And sorry if one of my first post offended you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb