Skype crashing after Lumia 928 WP8.1 Denim update?

kobi001

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Since updating to WP8.1/Denim on my 928 Skype has gone from rock solid to completely unusable. I can log in but then it immediately crashes. At best Skype stays active for one second before dumping me back to the start screen. I have the latest update from the Windows Store (v2.25.0.111). Everything else on the phone works. I found one post somewhere that suggested uninstalling reinstalling Facebook - that didn't help. I uninstalled/reinstalled/soft reset many times since the WP8.1 upgrade. I do find that I must wait a few minutes after a soft reset before I can load my e-mail or it will crash back to the Start screen.

Anyone else have this problem with Skype? Anyone have any suggestions how to get Skype working? Skype is a primary tool and I am hoping not to have to wait for the next Skype update.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It works totally fine for me. If you did not hard reset, it could be a bad update. I would recommend settings > about > reset.

Make sure you back up your photos, texts and app+settings from settings > backup.

The only thing you will lose is - app log ins and app data for those that don't sync to Onedrive (mostly all don't yet sync!)

kobi001

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Did a hard reset and all is well. It was a painless process short of the time it took to sync my Exchange account and contacts. Should have done it immediately after updating. Thanks for the push!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05