04-02-2016 05:42 AM
153 ... 4567
tools
    :D looks terrible :D
    gEtApATaLkEd
    link68759 likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:22 AM
    I just scrolled though many pages of newsfeeds in 6tag on my 830.
    Buttery smooth as silk. No lag or stuttering at all.
    You obviously had something wrong going on with your phone.
    I don't use IE on the phone (nor at home on the PC or desktop) so I can't comment on that.

Fred

Can anyone here who is saying their 830 has no stutter etc try scrolling through their Instagram news feed using 6tag and scroll through their own photos using Instagram Beta. Both those apps suffer terrible stuttering on the 735,1320 and so I've read the 830 aswell. It's either poor app optimisation or the GPU with screen res. I also find that IE11 is slow and X Box music is still a total mess. Why is it Microsoft cannot sort out their music app?? Why does it take so long to read all the music on the memory card first time?? When on Android it takes a few seconds?? They are a software company with crap software 😕
    BSobotta, a5cent and D M C like this.
    01-06-2015 01:00 PM
    While we're showing off home screens...
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...4ae2c6dde5.jpg

I got this phone. Probably the only Android phone there is no root for (and dear god does it need some performance tweaks).

I actually put no work into the launcher, the phone just comes with that theme.
    I remember that phone, it's the Evangelion one, right? It's got a pretty slick theme but it looks completely impractical.
    01-06-2015 02:36 PM
    I remember that phone, it's the Evangelion one, right? It's got a pretty slick theme but it looks completely impractical.

More or less. The theme is actually 3D so it looks even prettier in person, but I don't get any practical use out of the setup. I just have a page of my most used apps that I switch to, so functionally it's like IOS.

I need to hire someone from xda to root it for me one of these days so I can actually make it worth using...
    01-06-2015 10:52 PM
    More or less. The theme is actually 3D so it looks even prettier in person, but I don't get any practical use out of the setup. I just have a page of my most used apps that I switch to, so functionally it's like IOS.

I need to hire someone from xda to root it for me one of these days so I can actually make it worth using...
    It doesn't look like there is a simple one-click root for that phone, but I did find some step by step instructions, translated from Japanese. Honestly, I wouldn't attempt doing this if you aren't familiar with the android SDK or ADB. This is the type of stuff we used to have to do back in the day to get our phones rooted. [Q] Root for Sharp Aquos SH-06D - Pg. 2 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    01-07-2015 02:45 PM
    It doesn't look like there is a simple one-click root for that phone, but I did find some step by step instructions, translated from Japanese. Honestly, I wouldn't attempt doing this if you aren't familiar with the android SDK or ADB. This is the type of stuff we used to have to do back in the day to get our phones rooted. [Q] Root for Sharp Aquos SH-06D - Pg. 2 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Thanks, and I'm familiar with rooting, I'm just not good enough to actually go through the process of finding a vulnerability and exploiting it, which is why I need to get someone to do it for me. If there were actually steps to root it I would have done so already. The steps you have provided are for an older version- the phone has been shipping with ICS for quite some time.
    01-07-2015 03:17 PM
    Thanks, and I'm familiar with rooting, I'm just not good enough to actually go through the process of finding a vulnerability and exploiting it, which is why I need to get someone to do it for me. If there were actually steps to root it I would have done so already. The steps you have provided are for an older version- the phone has been shipping with ICS for quite some time.
    Have you tried "Towelroot"?
    01-07-2015 09:02 PM
    There's also "Kingo Android Root". I've tried the Kingo on a Asus Tab and a HTC phone and worked. Also Towelroot in a few nexus and sony phones. Good luck!
    01-07-2015 09:11 PM
    Wow, I'm surprised it actually got ICS. I just watched a video review on it, the UI is actually really neat. How smooth/choppy is the 3D animation in the UI?

There's also "Kingo Android Root". I've tried the Kingo on a Asus Tab and a HTC phone and worked. Also Towelroot in a few nexus and sony phones. Good luck!
    Out of curiosity, why would you use towelroot on a Nexus? All you have to do is a couple fastboot commands to unlock the boot loader and flash recovery and then flash SU from recovery. The whole process takes MAYBE two minutes.
    01-08-2015 09:29 AM
    Because it's much faster, one APK and done. Can do it on the go without having to use a computer.
    01-08-2015 04:19 PM
    why are here discussions about Android rooting? on a Lumia 830 thread? :))
    01-09-2015 02:19 AM
    Becus they can't be cleanse of their link with the other OS.

"Tainted, I tell you.... tainted"
    Haha haha
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    01-09-2015 02:24 AM
    why are here discussions about Android rooting? on a Lumia 830 thread? :))
    Thx. Lets get this thread back on track. No more Android talk, rooting or otherwise, from here on out.
    mariusmuntean and sahib lopez like this.
    01-09-2015 06:21 AM
    I've checked also other users at my office and honestly none of them complained about this model. Now depends on each person, how they use their device.
    01-09-2015 08:54 AM
    Most of my issues have been sorted, but my reception issue is no good. I can have 3 bars and still not be able to open a web page....
    01-11-2015 04:08 AM
    How did you solve the scrolling issue? I am also experiencing the non- smooth scrolling.
    luMia630 likes this.
    01-11-2015 01:24 PM
    Most of my issues have been sorted, but my reception issue is no good. I can have 3 bars and still not be able to open a web page....
    I am wondering if its not a phone issue, but rather a carrier issue. I have great reception, and very fast speeds in my area, with no drops from the 830
    01-11-2015 07:22 PM
    reception problem is most of the time carrier related but again, if the phone itself has a problem with the antennas, this could also be the problem.
    01-12-2015 01:03 AM
    I agree 100% with the OP.
    Everything he stated is happening on my 830 and on my girlfriends 830, went back to the store and checked the 830's on display. They all had it!.
    Some people keep defending they're 830 and i can relate to that, but comon people, this phone is not optimized as should be and IS doing everything the OP said! Compare it to an 820 and you will see, do you guys not see the same i see? U have magic phones? wtf

The jagged scrolling is the biggest issue in my opinion! I hate it. coming from a 820 that is what the eye catches the most. this screen is horrible, oversensitive or whatever i really don't know, but it's not the windows phone experience i was used to and hoping for when i purchased this phone!
    i have this stutter too on my lumia 630, it happen when scrolling with finger on screen, iam still searching this and other forums trying to confirm if thats normal behavior or there is something wrong with my phone, based on what i found it seems that everyone have it sinc cyan update, but there are still pouple that say they dont have it so are they navigating their phones just by flicking the screen not swiping with finger continuously on it or they simpli dont see or are there some phones which have that issue and some that dont or what, its so noticible and its driving me mad not knowing what it is, i am at least glad that i am not alone experiencing this :)
    05-28-2015 07:25 AM
    only lag when scrolling with finger on screen
    05-28-2015 07:32 AM
    ^^ the lag definitely is little to none after Denim and manually installing Update 2
    luMia630 likes this.
    05-28-2015 07:46 AM
    ^^ the lag definitely is little to none after Denim and manually installing Update 2
    That's exactly what I tried today and it seems to be better in update 2 but nonetheless it's still present
    05-28-2015 01:12 PM
    hi, i have most of the issues you had it seems. did a hard reset fix most of them(mainly horrible battery, phone getting hot and loading screen appearing a lot) and if it did, did you recover from a back up or did a fresh start
    05-31-2015 09:13 AM
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...=1#post3134086 can you please participate on this experiment to find answer to those scrolling stutters?
    06-25-2015 03:24 AM
    hi ive tried hard reset with both fres start and restoring backup everything is still the same
    06-25-2015 03:25 AM
153 ... 4567