Change CV?

fmaebh

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I got my 830 for Christmas but unfortunately I'm from Germany and it's cv it, so now my question is: can I change the country variant via something like Nokia care suite to Germany? And if so, how?

Thank you very much :)

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes it can (if you know what you are doing) but why you want to do it?
Try to bing or google how to do it.

A IT will work in

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it sound more logical. The flashing from ROM is possible but it may also go wrong so I would not recommend it only to make it more logical.

fmaebh

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Alright I'll think about it :D
But the CV doesn't affect the device right? It was set to Italian by default but apart from that?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No it does not. Maybe only the FM-radio so check this app if it works. And firmware updates are released by country so you may get it earlier or later depending your CV. For example the DEMIN firmware on the 1520 is already released in Finland so some people who could not wait flashed there phone with the CV of Finland to get the udate earlier.
But your 830 already has Demin.

fmaebh

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Okay I know it has denim but it's still going to get an update with the battery tile etc right?

And about changing the CV, I see you need to download firmware via navifirm+ and then flash it in Nokia care suite?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
With DEMIN you already have the latest OS which should includes the battery tile. You still may get a firmware update for your Camera so you can use Lumia Demin Camera.

Yes you need the navi and Nokia care suite.

fmaebh

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure the os on the factory-830 is slightly outdated, but not a biggie

Good, I'll read up on it a little and then decide if I want to do it

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Bye the way you could also call Santa Claus because he obvious made a mistake. Now there is in Italy someone wondering why he got a German CV. ;-)

fmaebh

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Haha, don't worry, it was a website which sold EU lumia 830s, so I guess quite a few Germans didn't get a German one :D

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but mine had no warranty as the Nokia one ran out and it wasn't from EE so I wasn't fussed. :)

I just followed things slowly and planned an hour beforehand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos