[L930] I want to buy it...have few questions?

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi i want buy this amazing device but have some questions:
- what about video player - still have that crank weird noise from speaker even on volume 0 , when skipping through video?
- how about SW - its going better with new updates?, especially I concern about Lumia Debian FW
- qi charging - Nokia dt910 - had phone some app like time etc to show when its put on ? I mean I would like have it on desk and view time, weather, notification etc. when charging...
- what do you think about phone itself, it's good idea to buy it now ?

Thanks

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the 930 is the best phone overall Nokia have ever put out, and thus is best phone Nokia will ever put out since MS is now in charge.

PROs:
Fantastic Design
Fantastic Camera
Fantastic Audio Recording
Great CPU
Solid Feel
Nice size screen
Colors pop nicely
Capable of "Hey Cortana" passive voice activation with Denim

CONs:
Max 32GB due to no SD card slot
No glance support due to lack of display memory
High chance of getting a model with cosmetic imperfections, most commonly: 1) One side/corner of screen having different color balance than another 2) Corner(s) of screen not flush with aluminum bezel - in most cases these issues are cosmetic only, but occasionally the latter can lead to proximity sensor issues if it gets really bad over time. I own two icons, both have problem #1, and one has problem #2.

Overall I think it is your best bet for a Windows Phone right now, likely won't be anything else close until Q3 2015.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
- what about video player - still have that crank weird noise from speaker even on volume 0 , when skipping through video?
- how about SW - its going better with new updates?, especially I concern about Lumia Debian FW
- qi charging - Nokia dt910 - had phone some app like time etc to show when its put on ? I mean I would like have it on desk and view time, weather, notification etc. when charging...

Thanks

That volume issue I had with some 520s I had. It was especially prevalent when I had the DP installed.

The software it looks like will be getting the latest software in the new year.

I am also looking at getting a 930 soon. Depends on how much I get on eBay from my 1520.

If I don't get as much as I would like. I might be looking at an icon.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks

1) Yep still get the popping noise but not as often or noticeable.

2) You can read on here and other sites about upcoming SW improvements. Other than that you know as much as the rest of us who don't work at Microsoft.

3) It doesn't have glance so you don't get all the on-screen info when screen is black. I've seen an app that gives you on-screen clock but that's about it.

4) It's good but personally I find it lacking in some places, still one of the best phones I've owned.
But, glance would have been nice, as would micro SD. It does get quite hot under some circumstances bottom right corner and battery life is good but but great. Always gets me through a day but no way it would last 2.
Lastly volume key has a noticeable rattle due to being slightly loose. Had a similar issue on my 925.

Price has dropped and I got a free wireless charger and speaker so was excellent value for me.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Since I have Denim this phone is a killer for me. The purple screen colour is gone, the camera produces killer pics and does 4K. The battery lasts longer too with Denim. I would get one and then get Denim on it asap.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
So update - I received phone and in 20 minutes send back.
Top right corner of display was lifted up. Also back cover at bottom right corner had bigger gap between frame than other.

It's shame for flagship , and now I considering if I want money ( and boy other fone) or replacement.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So update - I received phone and in 20 minutes send back.
Top right corner of display was lifted up. Also back cover at bottom right corner had bigger gap between frame than other.

It's shame for flagship , and now I considering if I want money ( and boy other fone) or replacement.
So you had a bad experience and it's known that some devices comes with some problems (I didn't find any problems in my) but the 930 is to damn good to skip over a bad experience.
Just wait for one without problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6