Can't decide! LG G3 Beat or Lumia 730????

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Naturally, I'd tell you to go for the 730, but I'd digress.

What do you want for a phone, anyway? I can't really recommend anything without those crucial bits of knowledge.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Frankly it all boil down to WP vs Android. If u have no problems with WP and is looking forward to WP10 then 730 is the best choice.
G3beat is more expensive than 730 and LG got a notorious reputation for software updates on low to mid range handsets.

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Naturally, I'd tell you to go for the 730, but I'd digress.

What do you want for a phone, anyway? I can't really recommend anything without those crucial bits of knowledge.

Well, it seems that I can't be productive with WP though. But I love WP, it's slickness and responsive but I'm afraid that there will be apps that I would be needing that are still not in WP. Well, these are the things that I need (I forgot to include in my first post haha)

- Big Screen (bigger than Lumia 520 of course)
- Fast processor (not too much, but within the midrange devices)
- Good speaker and audio output
- Opening Word, PPT's and others like ebook
- Great camera (better than Lumia 520)
- Good social networking apps like Facebook, Twitter, and others (I'm a social network guy lol)
- LONG Battery life
- SD Card
- Other extra features that can be used especially in school

The phone that I'm gonna buy should be good for 2 years or more, so I really can't decide.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Than why not get the Zenfone 5?
If u can wait a little they also launched Pegasus with 64bit support and improved battery recently.

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Than why not get the Zenfone 5?
If u can wait a little they also launched Pegasus with 64bit support and improved battery recently.

I would love to but the battery is so so. And I'm afraid Asus would forget the Zenfone 5 when they release their new set of Zenfones on January then the updates would be slow. So far, Zenfone 5 was one of my choices. Maybe when I bought an Android phone I would keep my Lumia 520 as a backup and I would love to see what will happen on Windows 10. By the way do you have any news about it?

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Entry level = Windows
Midrange = Windows (Only Moto G and the Zenfone 5 are the good options for Android)
Flagship = This is where you'll find great phones for both OSes + iOS.

I'd get the 730 hands down. My mom has it and I'm kinda jealous. The phone looks so good and excels in performance. The camera while having a 6.7MP looks really good for a mid-range. Not to mention the 5MP front facing camera. Battery life is fantastic as well.

Get it, you will not regret the decision.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it seems that I can't be productive with WP though. But I love WP, it's slickness and responsive but I'm afraid that there will be apps that I would be needing that are still not in WP. Well, these are the things that I need (I forgot to include in my first post haha)

- Good speaker and audio output
- Great camera (better than Lumia 520)
- LONG Battery life
- SD Card

The phone that I'm gonna buy should be good for 2 years or more, so I really can't decide.

The other feature you mentioned are given for smartphones.

Audio quality is fantastic for a phone that price. It's actually on par with my 1520 with headphones attached and it's loud too. The speakers are AWESOME. The sound is richer than my 1520's speaker. My 1520 sounds thin compared to the 730.

Camera is decent. Not really "great" but it takes wonderful shots and the camera is pretty darn fast. Both the rear and front facing cameras are good cams.

Battery life is fantastic. My mom charges every other day but of course her usage is a bit light. Calling, texting and snapping photos. Ocassional facebook sessions too. So mileage may vary but the forums suggest that the battery life is indeed fantastic.

SD Card up to 128GB. Like, dayumm. The Beat supports up to 64GBs though so both will be fine but at least the Lumia supports 128GB for future proofing.

I don't usually recommend phones straight up but the 730 is definitely the better device not in terms of specs but raw performance. Also, since from your description you're not really the "I must have ______ app" type of guy, the 730 is definitely for you unless you wanna try the Moto G.

Moto G vs Lumia 730
Battery Life = 730 did better on the GSMArena test.
Camera = Kinda mixed. Both take decent shots though
Speaker = Not sure but the 730 is really good.
Cardslot = 730 (128 vs 32)

Sorry for the Moto G comparison. I just had to do it. :D

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 730/735. It's really smooth, runs heavy games fine and has an amazing display. This is coming from an actual owner :)

I love the display, but it's AMOLED. I heard there are "burns" when time passby and it's not that sharp like the IPS. By the way are there still "resuming..." "loading..." screens. It's really annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss