Cant connect 8.1 820 to windows 7 pc?

darkmajesty06

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello all..

I went today to connect my phone to gather all my pictures I've taken this year and clean out my phone.. and Its like i'm not even connecting my phone to the usb port on my computer. I have tried different usb cables and ports on my computer but nothing works. It used to sync to my computer before windows 8.1 upgrade. So any ideas on what to do other than switching to windows 8.1?

darkmajesty06

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Also, the device doesn't even show up in device manager. Under the portable device tabs.. it just shows my sd card or nothing if the sd isnt in the port. So i'm pretty much lost here.. Can't remove my photos or add music because I assume it has something to do with the new update?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you need Zune for a windows 7 computer. An other option is to get your SD out your phone and put it in the card reader from your computer.

darkmajesty06

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Well I have around 5-6 separate usb cables ranging from Nokia one from the 520 to just generic. They will charge my phone when plugged into my pc but won't show up in device manager as windows phone usb.. Its like my computer just DOESN'T recognize the device at all.. I've even tried scanning for new devices and it wont recognize it.

darkmajesty06

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Just installed zune but it didn't help. I save photos to my phone because my memory card was on its last leg.. So since I got a new memory card for christmas.. I wanted to get everything off and on my card. This is weird.. I guess its a issue with my computer. Does anyone know where I can get a package installer for the winusb driver? I tried the official Microsoft site but those packages are dependent on you having the winusb device show up in device manager... I need a drive that will ALLOW my computer to even show it.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed weird but put your new card in your phone and move the pictures to the new SD. This will probably work faster than trying to get it connected to your phone. In this case you can use the new card and have some more time to figure out what is wrong.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
What maybe works is go to a restore point of you Pc before you connected your phone. So a few days ago. Maybe when you connected your phone something went wrong if you go to a restore point this is undone.

darkmajesty06

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I forgot you could do that. I'll move them over and call it a day. Do you just hold the picture until a setting menu comes up or is there another way to move mass amounts of pictures at one time?

darkmajesty06

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
That's the same problem which I face. Only way my laptop recognises it, is by turning off my phone while it remains plugged into laptop(Lumia 1020).

I'm thinking it has something to do with windows 7. I'm seriously contemplating upgrading to windows 8.. Just so I can keep my Lumia phones. Because im honestly getting tired of the problems I face with the Lumia and the lack of developers for games /apps. Sadly, those are two huge points that sell phones to me.. I want many games and apps and as trouble free operating experience as possible.

darkmajesty06

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Still have the issue.. can't even get it to load up. I can't find a complete driver set for a windows phone anywhere.. So i'm all out of ideas.. I guess its just going to be using my sd card to move everything around from now on.. Kinda sucks cause I can't even make playlist for my music because your phone needs to be plugged into the computer for the playlist to show up that you make. Guess its time for a new phone.. thinking of the 920 or the 630.. Any ideas? No plan here.. just buy my phones and use them till I can afford something better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234