No more 1520 online @ ATT

hokap

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just wrapped a chat online w/AT&T. The 1520 showed as "not available in your area" online. I started the chat and asked what the scoop was. Rep said "phasing the 1520 out", but never gave a firm answer. I asked if I went in to a store would it be available, and the response was "maybe, but unlikely". The rep was criptic but made it sound like no more 1520 for order. I asked the same as far as calling in and another "you can try, but unlikely".

I know that everyone's holding off on new hardware for Windows 10, but come on! I know I could order it direct from the Microsoft Store or go in to the retail location, but this is a little annoying. Just my casual rant...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The way I see it is we have two ways to go. We can **** and moan because it's gone and there is no immediate replacement -OR- we can jump on what's left and ride it out. You know, it is one of the best if not the best WP's ever introduced. I got mine and plan to ride it until something better comes along. That may be a while but that's OK with me.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I see the profile page for the 1520 on AT&T's website but I get a message that says "not available in your area." Looks like it's being phased online. Probably only local stores have any stock. Even with the "old" Snapdragon 800, this is still one of the best phones on the market. 2GB of RAM, large 6" screen, microSD, Pureview, 1080p, great color reproduction, thin, light and can handle everything you throw at it. Nokia did good with this one. A lot of newer phones (even none Windows Phones) are still a downgrade.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I see the profile page for the 1520 on AT&T's website but I get a message that says "not available in your area." Looks like it's being phased online. Probably only local stores have any stock. Even with the "old" Snapdragon 800, this is still one of the best phones on the market. 2GB of RAM, large 6" screen, microSD, Pureview, 1080p, great color reproduction, thin, light and can handle everything you throw at it. Nokia did good with this one. A lot of newer phones (even none Windows Phones) are still a downgrade.

Don't forget 20MP camera with DNG capability and that HUGE battery...

It is still King of the Hill for Windows Phone until something else comes to knock it off. IMHO, the HTC One isn't a giant killer I rank that as a "close/almost" alongside the 930.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to interpret this as a potential hint towards a replacement, but given that all Microsoft has done since taking over for Nokia is release budget devices, I imagine it's more that there was terrible marketing and little interest in this thing, so AT&T's just clearing stock and moving on.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget 20MP camera with DNG capability and that HUGE battery...

It is still King of the Hill for Windows Phone until something else comes to knock it off. IMHO, the HTC One isn't a giant killer I rank that as a "close/almost" alongside the 930.

Except for the camera the HTC One M8 is the best Windows Phone available right now and is the current flagship.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Except for the camera the HTC One M8 is the best Windows Phone available right now and is the current flagship.

Carrier exclusivity goes a LONG way toward killing that idea. Think globally, not locally. It's on 3 US carriers. What about the rest of the world?

The Snapdragon 801 isn't much over the 800. Like the extra pixel density of the screen, I think it just holds up on paper. In the real world, most users won't notice a difference... Stack that against the camera, the battery life, Qi wireless charging and the more assured updates... One (M8) might knock the 930 off the hillside, but the 1520 is still at the summit.

Ceez

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I just had the same predicament these past two days. The website told me that the 1520 was no longer available in my area. For some reason yesterday I decided to mess around on the myAT&T app on my 920 and I started going through the process of upgrading on there...lo and behold, I was able to select the 1520 in my choice of color.

​It's already being shipped and I should be receiving it tomorrow. I'm guessing the website uses your location now to determine whether or not there is 'stock' (silly idea). I did the live chat with a sales rep and she told me I could have placed an order over the phone with a sales assistance rep on Monday. Glad I opted to fool around and find out this neat 'trick'/'glitch in the system'. Best of luck to you!

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ordered one today at an AT&T store. I had the option of all the colors (went black) and the sales guy could not have been more supportive of Windows.

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I just went to the local AT&T store and they only had the Lumia 830 and the One M8. Same as Best Buy. My closest option would be driving 2:30 hours to buy it a the nearest MS store.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just went to the local AT&T store and they only had the Lumia 830 and the One M8. Same as Best Buy. My closest option would be driving 2:30 hours to buy it a the nearest MS store.

Or the Microsoft Store online if you want to save the fuel... And want a RM-940.

B&H Photo if you want an RM-938. (White and Yellow in stock, Black discontinued. Just checked 12/30/2014 @ 00:00 Eastern)

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Or the Microsoft Store online if you want to save the fuel... And want a RM-940.

B&H Photo if you want an RM-938. (White and Yellow in stock, Black discontinued. Just checked 12/30/2014 @ 00:00 Eastern)

Oh yeah that too lol
I was looking for a green one, guess not any of those available?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I would say that this phone is no longer being made. All online retailers such as expansys and omegacell already have them removed or discontinued item. I would imagine ATT are just selling off remaining stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss