Why isn't my wifi connecting properly on my new Lumia 730?

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
wifi not connecting properly in new lumia 730

I bought a lumia 730 two days back. I connected to wifi to set up account and update apps. But the download got cancelled frequently when updating apps. Is this a problem with phone or with wifi. Also I am not able to see anything in HERE maps. When I tried downloading new maps, I got some message that it cannot connect to maps now. try after some time.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: wifi not connecting properly in new lumia 730

About HERE MAPS . I had the same problem in battery saver do not allow HERE in background and try again.

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

Hi Harrie thanks for the response. I didnt see the option to allow or not allow in backround for HERE. And now I am not even able to go into HERE. When I open the app it is in the loading page showing HERE symbol. When the screen is off it is going back to menu. If I keep the screen on, it is in same page. No progress

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

And can we do the phone updates only through wifi. Because when i download new speech language it is not getting downloaded. It is showing in phone updates.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Open the app BATTERY SAVER and look there.

For downloads below 100 Mb you can use wifi and data. Above 100 you only can use wifi.

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

Yes I was looking at the battery saver. I was able to change the only for few apps but not HERE maps or transit. i not able to login into HERE account
And for downloading the speech package it is not getting downloaded using cellular data.
Also the lumia creative studio is not working. When I select a photo the app is getting closed and coming back to menu. Just like when i opened HERE maps. Its been just 2 days and facing these issues.

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I reinstall the HERE apps. After that i was able to open and see the maps. There was a update available for maps. When I install the update I am not able to see anything. Location is showing as unknown location(It was showing my location before updating the maps). I am attaching the screenshots of Maps and Drive+. wp_ss_20141231_0001.jpgwp_ss_20141231_0002.jpg.

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I reinstall the apps yesterday but got the same page. But today somehow it showed my place(Chennai). But places outside a box are showing as same blank. Do i need to download any new maps are will it be like working after some time

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, you're definitely missing some map data.

Download Lumia Storage check (or something like that) and delete the map, set it to download to SD-card. Re download the map. See if that works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss